C

Cr122

Texans roll over Cowboys, 23-7; Dallas offense continues to struggle

10:07 PM CDT on Saturday, August 28, 2010

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

HOUSTON — Arian Foster rushed for 110 yards and a touchdown, Matt Schaub threw a TD pass to Jacoby Jones and the Texans routed the Cowboys 23-7 on Saturday night.

Foster, who emerged as Houston's most dependable running back late last season, became the first Texan to go over 100 yards rushing in a preseason game. The Texans finished with 173 yards rushing, an encouraging sign for coach Gary Kubiak, whose team ranked 30th in rushing (92 yards per game) last season.

Houston's defense also played well, a week after giving up 409 yards in a 38-20 loss to New Orleans. Rookie Kareem Jackson returned an interception 64 yards, and the Texans (1-2) held the Cowboys' first-team offense to 135 total yards.

Tony Romo was sacked twice and fumbled, and Dallas (2-2) mustered only 7 yards rushing before the reserves took over late in the third quarter.

• • •

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Simply an awful performance.

The Texans were blitzing and running stunts constantly. The play selection on offense surprised me in that they weren't plays that one would seemingly run against that type of defense, however I keep in mind that it was a preseason game and maybe the choice of plays (or lack thereof) was purposeful.

C

Cr122

Vanilla or not we should of done something, after four games our offense is out of sinc.

I'm at the point where I don't think we will score many points this year. Yeah it's preseason but it's obvious the offensive line sucks.

Every week I think we will turn it around and play better on offense. Now as a team we stunk in all areas against the Texans.

I'm worried about the offense, even when we get back Kosier and Colombo.

Top Bottom