Reaction score
some article I just read said:
So who will the next coach be?

Candidates include TCU's Gary Patterson, Louisville's Charlie Strong, Duke's David Cutcliffe, and the most popular name in the bunch, current NFL analyst Jon Gruden. Despite its struggles the past few years, Tennessee does remain an attractive job, one that should generate some buzz, especially with the Vols finishing its $45 million expansion to the football facility.

Cutcliffe is too old.

I'd take Patterson of that group.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Butch Davis

Maybe they look at Petrino, although I heard Auburn might be looking into him again too.

Stay away from Kirby Smart, he's replacing Mark Richt damnit.

Reaction score
Butch Davis

Maybe they look at Petrino, although I heard Auburn might be looking into him again too.

Stay away from Kirby Smart, he's replacing Mark Richt damnit.

I could see it happening, but I hate the idea of Petrino landing a big time college job so quickly.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Latest rumor is we're going to be interviewing Mike Gundy.

Thoughts?

Not a bad hire if they get him. Brings some offense to the SEC. He was a former Oklahoma State QB so it would need to be a huge contract to get him to leave his alma mater.

He better hire one hell of a DC if he gets the job.

Reaction score
Tennessee

•Now that Jon Gruden is firmly out of the way, Tennessee can move on to realistic candidates.
•Butch Davis is largely considered the favorite to get the head coaching gig right now. He’s currently an advisor to the Tampa Bay Bucs.
•Tennessee was said to interview Louisville’s Charlie Strong last week. He would be a good hire.
•Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy was said to host Tennessee representatives in his hometown over the weekend, but Gundy wouldn’t talk about it last night at his press conference. There may be some friction between Gundy and his athletic director over a contract dispute from last year.
•Others on the board remain with UNC’s Larry Fedora, Cincinnati’s Butch Jones, Nebraska’s Bo Pelini, TCU’s Gary Patterson and FSU’s Jimbo Fisher.
•Fisher is said to be Dave Hart’s favorite candidate for the job at this point, but multiple people are quick to point out Butch Davis as the front runner for the job.
•Hart will interview candidates through this week and could make the hire as early as the end of this week.

Reaction score
Supposedly it's between Gundy and Charlie Strong now.

Jumbo Fisher withdrew his name from consideration.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm kind of skeptical that Gundy would leave OSU... Native Okie and most of all, no one donates more money than Old Man Pickens.

But I guess anything is possible.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Brett Bulima was hired to coach Arkansas. The Volungays better hurry up before they are stuck with Gruden.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good hire by Arkansas I think, Bielema is a good coach.

Will now get to recruit some real athletes in the SEC.

Top Bottom