C

Cr122

T.O. set to face Cowboys, says, 'I'm no cancer,' expects Super Bowl

01:58 AM CDT on Thursday, August 5, 2010

From Staff and Wire Reports

The Cowboys will face Terrell Owens when they battle the Cincinnati Bengals in Sunday's Hall of Fame exhibition game.

But Owens thinks he'll be returning to Dallas later this season.

"I didn’t come to (Cincinnati) to mess,” Owens told Bengals.com this week. "We’re looking to be in Dallas Feb. 6.”

That's right: Owens believes the Bengals, who signed him to a one-year deal last week, are destined for the Super Bowl.

"If you work maintenance, you better get some more light bulbs,” Owens said, "because we’re going to light up the scoreboard.”

The 36-year-old also thinks he got a bum rap in his previous stints, which included the Cowboys.

When asked by bengals.com about the biggest myth about him, Owens said: "I’m a cancer in the locker room. That I’m a distraction. How am I distraction that if over the years you take an incident and someone blows it out of proportion and it’s not nearly as bad as it's supposed to be? Then of course I’m going to look bad. Over the years there have been some small incidents that have been blown straight out of proportion.

"I pride myself with the fact that my grandmother raised me right and taught me right from wrong. You see guys that had DUIs, domestic violence, club altercations and rape violations, and then myself, I get thrown into the same category as those guys and I can't see how that is. Again, it's ignorance, if you ask me. I've had no off-the-field problems, and it's mind boggling."

Owens still considers himself a top NFL receiver.

"I’m a playmaker. I know Michael Irvin has adopted that title, but that’s what I do and have done throughout my career is make plays. The coaches know what I’m capable of once the ball is in my hands. They’re going to get all of Terrell on the field. I’m glad to be with my new team and we’ll see where it takes us.”

Owens took a heavy-incentive contract and less money up front to sign with Cincinnati. But he doesn’t seem to mind.

"I definitely took a pay cut to grasp the opportunity to win a Super Bowl," he said. "I know I’m worth more than what I’m being paid. But I’m here playing with my good friend Chad (Ochocinco) and playing with a team that definitely has an opportunity to win the Super Bowl.”

T.O. might be playing in the Hall of Fame game, but he also believes he deserves to be inducted when his career is over.

"At this point, I’m already in the Hall of Fame; I just don’t have a bust," Owens said.

The Bengals seemed amused at Owens' antics. For now.

"He hasn't slowed down," said quarterback Carson Palmer, who worked out with Owens in California this month. "He's a guy that's kind of ageless and he's still got a lot left in the tank."

"It's a circus," Palmer said. "Him and Chad, them being them. It's funny. I was laughing."

Palmer knows that Owens has a reputation for turning on his quarterback. Owens got a chance to join the Bengals in part because Palmer lobbied to sign him after watching their workouts in California.

"I think Carson being that quarterback that can get the ball up and down the field at any given point on the field — that makes my mouth water," Owens said. "I've longed to have a quarterback like Carson."

Now he's got him. Got his favorite number, too.

Owens wore his customary No. 81 at practice, part of a deal he made with the previous owner. Former Cowboys receiver Antonio Bryant got the number when the Bengals chose him over Owens in the off-season, giving him a four-year deal. Bryant agreed to give up his number.

"I'm a realist," Bryant said. "I said, 'Hey, man, I'm not going to make no big spectacle about it. You've got a bigger legacy and a number than I do. I've been on several teams like you, but I've changed my number several times. You've had the same number.

"I don't need your money," Bryant said. "All I want you to do is take care of one of my little league programs in Miami. Send them a small donation and we'll go from there.'"

C

Cr122

T.O. is such a dumbass, he really is.

I'll give it four weeks and he'll be throwing Palmer under the bus.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I've absolutely no ill will toward TO. The back stabber was Roy Williams, he proved that by running to the nearest fucking mic when Dez wouldn't carry his shoulder pads.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've absolutely no ill will toward TO. The back stabber was Roy Williams, he proved that by running to the nearest fucking mic when Dez wouldn't carry his shoulder pads.

Two different assholes, imo. One is a crybaby who runs and tells whoever will listen. The other is a crybaby that screams until he gets his way.

I agree though, I liked Owens a lot while he was here, what did he put up, something like 37 TDs in the short time he was here? Williams is a P.O.S in my opinion, the sunava bitch hasn't shut his trap since he arrived in Dallas and really hasn't done shit.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
In '07 the only dou to throw more TD passes was Moss and Brady I think. Absolutely absurd for anyone to put TO in as someone that didn't help this team tremendously.

Top Bottom