Reaction score
Terrell Owens is $20,000 behind on child support payments and may be facing jail time, Eric Byfield of WSBTV in Atlanta reports.

Owens, a former wide receiver did not show up, and Judge John Goger was upset.

Owens' attorney, David Hartin, told the judge it was his fault Owens was not there. He said he didn’t communicate well with his client.

Melanie Smith, the mother of Owen’s 7-year-old daughter, said he has not made child support payments in months. A previous agreement required Owens to pay Smith $5,000 per month.

"It's a tragedy, not only that we are here today; this is the third case she has had to file in the last year," Smith’s attorney Randy Kessler told Byfield. said.

"We are hoping next week the case will come to a resolution and Mr. Owens will pay and pay every month," said Kessler.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wow now he blames a judge for his own issue again.

Screw you again Jerry.

Reaction score
There's no reason why a mother needs $5000 a month to adequately raise a child.

Getting pregnant by a rich person should not be viewed as a winning lottery ticket.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There's no reason why a mother needs $5000 a month to adequately raise a child.

Getting pregnant by a rich person should not be viewed as a winning lottery ticket.

Agreed 100%.

The child support system is completely flawed. Isn't it supposed to be child support and not "let's get as much money as possible"?

I don't care if a guy is a millionaire, that doesn't mean he should have to 10k a month. How can that be justified?

I seem to support my son just fine as a middle class American, so I don't wanna hear that BS about how someone needs multiple thousands to cover the expenses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TO is a dick... But he hasn't had a job in the NFL in almost 2 years. He shouldn't be paying anywhere near $5,000 a month. Regardless, he's only behind 4 months of child support. I normally wouldn't expect him to go to jail for that, but this is TO.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Seriously, I bet the mother will never see 35% of 5,000 a month on her own. She is not his ex-wife so isn't entitled to his money.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seriously, I bet the mother will never see 35% of 5,000 a month on her own. She is not his ex-wife so isn't entitled to his money.

I think the system is seriously flawed, I have friend who works two jobs has custody and basically is killing himself because his ex is an asshole and he is constantly fighting her in court. In 6 years of full custody he has never seen 1 dollar for child support.

if the roles were reversed and he missed a payment or two he would be in jail.

having said that, if your worth like 20 million or whatever owens should be worth and you knock some girl up the kid should not have to live in poverty or whatever. Now the mom doesnt need to buy a mercedes and a 8000 square foot house either.....has to be some middleground.

bottom line dont be irresponsible.

back on topic.

I have always thought T.O. should be in jail for something, so you know..

Last edited:
Reaction score
That woman makes more a year than many American's, just because she let TO cum inside her.

Reaction score
I think the system is seriously flawed, I have friend who works two jobs has custody and basically is killing himself because his ex is an asshole and he is constantly fighting her in court. In 6 years of full custody he has never seen 1 dollar for child support.

having said that, if your worth like 20 million or whatever owens should be worth and you knock some girl up the kid should not have to live in poverty or whatever. Now the mom doesnt need to buy a mercedes and a 8000 square foot house either.....has to be some middleground.

back on topic.

Not here in VA. Step-son's Dad pays almost nothing on his Child Support, barely holds a job and is 12,000 back on Child Support and they keep continuing every single court date since from about a year ago. He pays like $50 right before the court date and they don't seem to care.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not here in VA. Step-son's Dad pays almost nothing on his Child Support, barely holds a job and is 12,000 back on Child Support and they keep continuing every single court date since from about a year ago. He pays like $50 right before the court date and they don't seem to care.

awesome.

The world needs parents, not court dates.

silver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I wonder if this story is also posted in 49ers, Eagles, Bills, Bengals and Wranglers forums.

Reaction score

back on topic.

There is some middleground... in Texas anyway. Here, child support is based solely on the non-custodial parent's income. The law sets up statutory guidelines that indicate what percentage of the income a parent should pay depending on number of kids.

For instance, if TO has only one child, then he pays 20% of his income, after taxes and health insurance for the child are taken out. The law caps the calculation to the first $7,500.00 of his net monthly income. So someone in TO's shoes with one child would only be paying $1500 per month in child support. And that is the max you can get on child support for one child unless it's specifically proven that the child's needs are more than that.... which most courts make very difficult to do.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There is some middleground... in Texas anyway. Here, child support is based solely on the non-custodial parent's income. The law sets up statutory guidelines that indicate what percentage of the income a parent should pay depending on number of kids.

For instance, if TO has only one child, then he pays 20% of his income, after taxes and health insurance for the child are taken out. The law caps the calculation to the first $7,500.00 of his net monthly income. So someone in TO's shoes with one child would only be paying $1500 per month in child support. And that is the max you can get on child support for one child unless it's specifically proven that the child's needs are more than that.... which most courts make very difficult to do.

Still too high, but at least it's not outrageous.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

back on topic.

I think they should do a cost of living analysis for what it would take to raise a child in relative comfort, for the child at least (there is that responsibility thing you were talking about, if you don't want to spend money on child support, don't have a kid out of wedlock), and then base it off of that.

Also set it up in tiers, from the people who earn 20,000 or less a year, to 50,000 or less a year and so on and so forth.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I love how you fucks can make snap judgements about people and situations you have little information about.

How much do you need? Too much money for being a whore with a bastard is too much money, frick all the frivilous details.

Top Bottom