dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit he isnt my favorite player for us, although if they get to 18 and the OL and DL they like arnt there, and they cant get a decent trade down deal I could understand why they'd pick Vaccaro. Safety has been a problem area for years and it certainly needs upgrading.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
4.61 forty time makes me say NO

He doesn't have that mean streak and lacks leadership skills, too. He's the most overrated Texas player I've seen in a long while. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Getting worried the guards won't be there.

Sylvester Willims is quickly approaching the top of my list if everyone else is taken

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sylvester Willims is quickly approaching the top of my list if everyone else is taken

I think he'd be a really good addition here. if Richardson is gone, he certainly is a nice plan B

I'm still hoping for a trade down though.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Getting worried the guards won't be there.

I agree. I really like Cooper. That guy is probably one of the best college guards I've seen. I'm almost positive he won't be there. I'm thinking Eifert, but I don't know.. Williams is a good pick too. I really want Matt Elam, so a trade back would be good with me. But there are so many safeties, I don't see them picking one early.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fuck Vaccaro,we need beefy OL.
Jerry spent money and draft picks on Claiborne and Carr.
The most pressing need for this team exists in he trenches.
Draft best interior OL available.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wasn't took keen to the idea of taking Vacarro. Not really any reason but don't care for a safety in the 1st round.

But given the new wave of bullshit at CZ regarding a possible TE in the 1st round, I'll take any fucking safety at #18 over a TE.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry is smarter than you. Having 2 awesome tight ends and crap guards is how you win in this league.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Warmack is gone, Austin is gone, and I guess Fluker too...I'm almost 100% on board with Vaccaro unless someone can convince me we can get a game-changing DT/DE there.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Vaccaro is so overrated. Can you guys tell me why you want Vaccaro over the other top safety prospects?

diehard2294

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would love Elam but no way at 18 but I think Dallas will take Vacarro if the 2 OL and Richardson is gone

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would love Elam but no way at 18 but I think Dallas will take Vacarro if the 2 OL and Richardson is gone

Elam is better than Vaccaro Vaccaro is popular because he played at Texas, so naturally he must be better and we have to use 18 on KennyV. I have no idea why people think he's the best safety in the draft. It's mind blowing.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Vaccaro has better cover skills than Elam IMO. Vaccaro covered slots, iso'd on single receivers, and showed more back pedal ability than Elam did. Elam is awesome coming forward. Now if you're asking me would I rather have Elam at 47 or Vaccaro at 18, it's Elam by a mile. I just would take Vaccaro over Elam if both were available and I had to take one.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Vaccaro has better cover skills than Elam IMO. Vaccaro covered slots, iso'd on single receivers, and showed more back pedal ability than Elam did. Elam is awesome coming forward. Now if you're asking me would I rather have Elam at 47 or Vaccaro at 18, it's Elam by a mile. I just would take Vaccaro over Elam if both were available and I had to take one.

He's not that great in coverage. I watched almost his whole career, being a long-time UT fan. Elam is underrated in coverage and wasn't asked to do a lot of it in college. Meh, everyone has opinions. I'm not knocking yours. I just don't see anything that KennyV does better.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I am biased but I really like Reid. Before this year, I'd rank Reid over Vaccaro.

If you went off just the 2011 film it wouldn't even be close.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am biased but I really like Reid. Before this year, I'd rank Reid over Vaccaro.

If you went off just the 2011 film it wouldn't even be close.

Admittedly, I haven't seen as much of him as I have Elam or Vaccaro, so I'm sort of in the dark about him. But from what I've seen, he doesn't have that tenacity that I love in safeties.

Top Bottom