sbk92

Reaction score
The Ticket's Bob Sturm , co-host of SportsRadio 1310's BaD Radio from noon-3 p.m. weekdays and co-host of the station's NFL draft coverage, answered Cowboys questions on Thursday on his blog. Here are some of the highlights:

Josh: Dumb question yes but what would you say if the cowboys got Julio Jones? I couldn't bear the Redskins getting him.

Bob Sturm:Not dumb at all. Julio Jones is phenomenal, and the Cowboys do have issues at WR if we consider that Garrett and most NFL offenses need 3 WRs. If Roy is shaky to make the team and Dez is always scaring you, there is reason to believe you can make room for one of the true freaks of this draft. Julio Jones is down my chart from AJ Green, but he appears to be a true #1. I just can't pull the trigger when my OL is a mess and I have more pressing needs. Can I trade back at #9? The Rams might give you something to get Julio to them. I think that should be the goal if he is on the board when you take the clock.

TexasGarcia39: What do you think of the mocks having Dallas taking Texas DB Aaron Williams in the second round? Possible S/CB combo pick.

Bob Sturm: I like it. But, I also have a hard time seeing Williams get to #40. Corners are going quickly when I see the draft in my head. I think Williams goes before the Cowboys get there. He is a fine conversion idea if available.

Hector: Who do you believe that the cowboys should go with smith or amukamara (probably spelled it wrong)?

Bob Sturm: I am on record both preferring Tyron Smith to any tackle on the board and not thinking Prince Amukamara is what people think he is. I think Prince is a solid corner, but I think Pat Peterson is much better and I think Jimmy Smith is slightly better (albeit with many off-field issues that will have him slide past #20). Amukamara just doesn't have film that suggests he is quite the player people want him to be. I think he was aided like others (Solder) with a fabulous combine and workouts where the measurables are staggering. But, I need good film. He will be a good corner, but I don't think he is special enough for me to take over Tyron.

Top Bottom