dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is McAdoo 6'7" and 255? He's a stick.

Is Maliek Collins 284 lbs or 311? His Wikipedia is 284 and his NFL draft profile is 311. It's a big difference. Is Collins supposed to be the 3 tech or the 1 tech?

Not sure. DC.com has him at 311 too.

He was drafted to be a 3T. When you watch his clips he displays traits that would seem to make him an ideal 3T in this scheme. Especially from his early Nebraska time.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
One kind of disappointing thing I read yesterday is that Brice Butler isn't really taking advantage of of his opportunity to challenge for that #2 WR spot. I still think he makes it as the 4th or 5th WR but at this point he's losing out to Williams.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am not enamored with Showers or Prescott, but I do like Tapper and I think Frazier is interesting.

I've been kind of intrigued by the corner from Purdue with the great speed. Thought that might be a good pick. How's he doing?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been kind of intrigued by the corner from Purdue with the great speed. Thought that might be a good pick. How's he doing?

Seems to be making plays every day. Has a number of picks this week.

Has been getting snaps with 1st team nickel and dime defense too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One kind of disappointing thing I read yesterday is that Brice Butler isn't really taking advantage of of his opportunity to challenge for that #2 WR spot. I still think he makes it as the 4th or 5th WR but at this point he's losing out to Williams.

I didn't really expect him to beat out TW unless TW got hurt.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Seems like he can only run one route.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I did read though that Andy Jones is having a good camp. Apparently he's a physical WR (6'1" 222 lbs) with pretty good hands. Also that Romo already seems to have a lot of trust in him. He ran with the 1st team yesterday.

Reaction score
Seems to be making plays every day. Has a number of picks this week.

Has been getting snaps with 1st team nickel and dime defense too.

Brown is one of my pet cats. Speed, quickness AND aggressive skill (BW Webb didn't have the last trait).

Reaction score
I did read though that Andy Jones is having a good camp. Apparently he's a physical WR (6'1" 222 lbs) with pretty good hands. Also that Romo already seems to have a lot of trust in him. He ran with the 1st team yesterday.

Jones has the same straight line speed as Terrance Williams but there are two important upgrades: Jones is a strong hand catcher/high pointer (who has a 41.5 inch vert) and Jones has a 10 yard split that has only 9 times that are better in the history of the combine. He is explosive off the line. Matt Mosley was talking about Terrance last Thursday and said "he may not run very good routes or have good hands but..." Isn't that like a soccer team employing a player who can't kick or a baseball team employing a pitcher who really doesn't throw that well?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones has the same straight line speed as Terrance Williams but there are two important upgrades: Jones is a strong hand catcher/high pointer (who has a 41.5 inch vert) and Jones has a 10 yard split that has only 9 times that are better in the history of the combine. He is explosive off the line. Matt Mosley was talking about Terrance last Thursday and said "he may not run very good routes or have good hands but..." Isn't that like a soccer team employing a player who can't kick or a baseball team employing a pitcher who really doesn't throw that well?

Jones is definitely interesting. Excited to see him in the preseason games.

Top Bottom