sbk92

Reaction score
Anyway, the War Room guys don't think much of Peterson. They think he's a 2nd round coaching tease who may end up nothing more than a backup.

Completely out of left field.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Anyone remember under the Parcell's regime, when Philly came to Dallas and the Cowboy defense overwhelmed them right from the get-go... With one of the defensive formations being Newman walking up and taking a spot on the defensive line, including being in a 3-point stance?

I hated the thought of Phillips being the Cowboy's head coach, but even I'm stunned at how bad the defense turned out. But even in the first three seasons of his tenure, this wasn't a "lights-out" defense. It had its moments, but it was never a rock-solid defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone remember under the Parcell's regime, when Philly came to Dallas and the Cowboy defense overwhelmed them right from the get-go... With one of the defensive formations being Newman walking up and taking a spot on the defensive line, including being in a 3-point stance?

I hated the thought of Phillips being the Cowboy's head coach, but even I'm stunned at how bad the defense turned out. But even in the first three seasons of his tenure, this wasn't a "lights-out" defense. It had its moments, but it was never a rock-solid defense.

Thats what happens when you dont practice fundamentals though. They were a poor tackling team. They took bad angles. They over ran their gaps.

Then factor that in with Wade's schemes growing incredibly stale and predictable, and you get what we saw last yr. A trainwreck.

sbk92

Reaction score
Why would you be surprised? When you don't have the proper preparation, it's going to show. Wade the coordinator was done in by Wade the head coach.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you dont practice fundamentals though. They were a poor tackling team. They took bad angles. They over ran their gaps.

Then factor that in with Wade's schemes growing incredibly stale and predictable, and you get what we saw last yr. A trainwreck.

The piss-poor practicing environment is a stunner for me. I'd love to know where Wade Phillips picked that up from. Maybe his dad did the same thing? But I remember the Houston Oilers as being physical on offense and defense. Not the marshmallow softie that we saw from the Cowboys the last 3 years specifically.

I think that's one aspect of old vs young when it comes to a head coach. I think a younger guy is more likely to be over-aggressive in a lot of areas, where an older guy is more likely to believe, "Conserve your energy".

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Amukamara is not a man CB.

Uh yes he is. Pretty much that is exactyly what her played at Nebraska. You're the only one that thinks Amukamara as a safety. But then again, you thought keeping Pasqualoni would have been a good thing.

Cythim

Reaction score
Anyway, the War Room guys don't think much of Peterson. They think he's a 2nd round coaching tease who may end up nothing more than a backup.

Completely out of left field.

Then that satisfies my point. TSN thinks he is a second round safety instead of a top 5 CB. I'd like to know where Kiper and the rest would have him ranked as a safety as well. At the end of the day he is probably a reach at #9 as a safety.

sbk92

Reaction score
Then that satisfies my point. TSN thinks he is a second round safety instead of a top 5 CB. I'd like to know where Kiper and the rest would have him ranked as a safety as well. At the end of the day he is probably a reach at #9 as a safety.

Everyone else I've seen has him as a top 5 CB.

But I bet if you asked Kiper in one of his chats if Peterson could transition to safety he'd tell you yes he could.

Cythim

Reaction score
Everyone else I've seen has him as a top 5 CB.

But I bet if you asked Kiper in one of his chats if Peterson could transition to safety he'd tell you yes he could.

My question would be where to rank Peterson as a safety, not if he could play the position.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Uh yes he is. Pretty much that is exactyly what her played at Nebraska. You're the only one that thinks Amukamara as a safety. But then again, you thought keeping Pasqualoni would have been a good thing.

Lol you were fine with Vic <edited for violating rules and regulations of the langauge policy> Failure Phag Fangio.

And I'm not saying turn Prince into a safety, but if you want to convert any corner from this draft, it's him, cuz dude hits like a truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lol you were fine with Vic <edited for violating rules and regulations of the langauge policy> Failure Phag Fangio.

And I'm not saying turn Prince into a safety, but if you want to convert any corner from this draft, it's him, cuz dude hits like a truck.

No. I never wanted Fangio. Not ever. Go back and look if you want. You either are mistaken of making up crap. It takes more than hitting to be a safety.

Top Bottom