Reaction score
Drafted a WR that just found out after three years he needs to catch the ball instead of letting it hit him first. Ironic part is that T-Willy still jumped up for the ball and caught it against his body. Not a pluck by any stretch of the imagination.

Go Get It
Last week, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett gave Terrance Williams some useful advice. Even Garrett couldn’t have predicted it would pay off so quickly.
“It just came down to earlier this week, Coach Garrett pulled me to the side during our team period one day, on Wednesday, and he said, ‘When the ball is thrown in the air, you have to go and pluck it out of the air. Stop waiting on the ball to come to you,’” Williams said.
Flash forward to Sunday, when Romo broke out of the pocket and saw Williams situated between two Dolphins defenders. Romo heaved a 31-yard bomb and split the cornerback and safety, leaving Williams to make a play.
He did exactly that, skying over both defenders to bring in the touchdown and take a 14-0 lead.
“Whenever Coach Garrett, or somebody like that, tells me something like that -- I try my best to do what he tells me,” Williams said. “The prime example showed up today and the same thing he told me, I put it to good use today.”
Williams finished the game with four catches for 79 yards and the touchdown. It was his best outing since Romo’s last game, a seven-catch, 84-yard effort in Philadelphia. When he returned to the sideline in Miami, he said he knew Garrett would be waiting for him.
“Yeah, he smiled and I smiled back and we both knew what he was talking about,” Williams said. “It’s just one of those things where whenever Coach Garrett tells me something, I really try my best to do it.”

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
that cant possibly be the first time he's heard this and if it is...........smfh......

Top Bottom