bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
dezshape12.jpg

Dez Bryant missed seven games last season due to foot and ankle injuries, but is expected to be fully healthy when the season begins. Maybe he’ll come to training camp in shape, too.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Wednesday that he thought the reason Bryant got injured last year was because he reported to the team out of shape, following a contract dispute.

“He wasn’t around, which is business, and consequently he probably wasn’t in his best shape going into the season and then you start to add the injuries when players aren’t in shape and they continued on through training camp and then on into the season and we ended up not having him much last year, so if he can get his rehab done and get himself in top condition, then I think we’ll see the same Dez that we saw two years ago,” Jones said, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Bryant had 31 catches for 401 yards and three touchdowns in nine games last season. In 2014, he had 88 catches for 1,320 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Bryant underwent foot and ankle surgeries on Jan. 6, but the Cowboys are confident it won’t impact his play this season. Jones believes the 27-year-old still can be one of the best receivers in the league

“We feel great [about Bryant],” Jones said. “I think he’s really focused on being around and doing the work and that’s important. His injury requires the rehab and the TLC that our guys give him, [athletic trainers] Britt [Brown] and Jim [Mauer]. He’s done an outstanding job and been committed to being around and I think that’s only getting better. That’s what we need of him, is to get well and do his rehab and then get in great shape.”

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Without all the distractions he should be in shape by the time training camp starts. The fact that he's already been at Valley Ranch meeting the rookies is a very good sign.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The fact that he's already been at Valley Ranch meeting the rookies is a very good sign.
He was there last year too, even with the contract dispute. The fact that he later reported to camp OUT OF SHAPE after signing his big contract and getting the what, 12 million up front? FAR outweighs showing for rookie minicamp and clapping.

I seriously doubt he will be in shape. I don't trust the piece of shit as far as I could throw him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's always worked hard, dude is like 2% body fat or something.

He didn't take place in any OTA's (as almost no players do when not under contract) and then struggled with his hamstrings to start camp.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
there is no excuse in this day and age not to be in shape, even if you miss OTAs. Dez is rich enough to have a private chef, nutritionist, trainer and gym in his home.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's always worked hard, dude is like 2% body fat or something.

He didn't take place in any OTA's (as almost no players do when not under contract) and then struggled with his hamstrings to start camp.
But - upon arrival at camp, he was out of shape. First time ever. Missing OTAs doesn't explain that. OTAs don't build cardio and conditioning.
there is no excuse in this day and age not to be in shape, even if you miss OTAs. Dez is rich enough to have a private chef, nutritionist, trainer and gym in his home.
DING!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sad that Stephen and even spare assistants like Dooley have to say these kinds of things.

Our HC is too concerned that his players like him to say anything that strong.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I do like Dez's effort on game day. Selling out to run block, drawing at times double coverage, taking some short passes long distance, all that good stuff. I'm not a fan of the person, I just don't like the punkass he is and don't expect his game day performances of the past to exist anymore now that he's gotten his big payday.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I will say this about Dez too, he must have gotten rid of all the hangers on that he had. Other than him showing up to rookie minicamp we haven't heard a peep out of him. It is still early though. Hopefully he keeps a low profile all summer and just spends as much time in the gym as possible

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I will say this about Dez too, he must have gotten rid of all the hangers on that he had. Other than him showing up to rookie minicamp we haven't heard a peep out of him. It is still early though. Hopefully he keeps a low profile all summer and just spends as much time in the gym as possible
Roger that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sad that Stephen and even spare assistants like Dooley have to say these kinds of things.

Our HC is too concerned that his players like him to say anything that strong.

Garrett will get him on that jumping jack regimen, don't worry

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
GTFO with the thread title. That is not even close to what he said.

His comments were pure velvet sledgehammer.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't put scare quotes around the title, but that's clearly what Jones implied.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I do like Dez's effort on game day. Selling out to run block, drawing at times double coverage, taking some short passes long distance, all that good stuff. I'm not a fan of the person, I just don't like the punkass he is and don't expect his game day performances of the past to exist anymore now that he's gotten his big payday.

Same here. My boy that works at Valley Ranch says Dez is the biggest crybaby. That stuff on the sidelines gets mistaken for him whining, but he is trying to pump people up. The shit that goes on during the week is straight up diva, crybaby shit. He makes his brother drive him to VR, then sit in the car the whole time in case he wants to go somewhere. He was 30 minutes late to the flight going to London (of course), then cried about playing over there the whole time. I met him right after we drafted him at the mall once and asked for a pic. He was like, "naw man", then turned around and took pics with these girls. He's a little bitch, and i think he is overrated.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Same here. My boy that works at Valley Ranch says Dez is the biggest crybaby. That stuff on the sidelines gets mistaken for him whining, but he is trying to pump people up. The shit that goes on during the week is straight up diva, crybaby shit. He makes his brother drive him to VR, then sit in the car the whole time in case he wants to go somewhere. He was 30 minutes late to the flight going to London (of course), then cried about playing over there the whole time. I met him right after we drafted him at the mall once and asked for a pic. He was like, "naw man", then turned around and took pics with these girls. He's a little bitch, and i think he is overrated.

In all fairness his brother does live rent free in a house that Dez paid for. I also seriously doubt his brother paid for the car that he has to sit and wait in. Maybe if he had a JOB he wouldn't have the time to sit and wait for Dez. If it were me and my brother I'd make him carry me from the door at VR to the car. Hell I might even make him buckle me in too. Lol

Also can you really blame him for wanting to take pictures with females instead of some dude?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
In all fairness his brother does live rent free in a house that Dez paid for. I also seriously doubt his brother paid for the car that he has to sit and wait in. Maybe if he had a JOB he wouldn't have the time to sit and wait for Dez. If it were me and my brother I'd make him carry me from the door at VR to the car. Hell I might even make him buckle me in too. Lol

Also can you really blame him for wanting to take pictures with females instead of some dude?

No, I can't blame him, but it was the way he acted about it. Dez is a bitch.

Reaction score
Dez is a very emotional person. Passionate. I'm sure there are times when he's extremely generous and welcoming and I'm sure there are times when he gets pissed and becomes uncooperative/insistent. That's who he is. It is part of what makes him a great football player. He's just not a calm and laidback kind of guy.

Top Bottom