dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its more than that, but I do agree with you about simply drafting the best RB they can (whatever round that is) and go from there.

That said, if you know the guy you are wanting as the #2 will mainly play in some 3rd down packages, you are looking for a guy who can learn/execute his pass blocking assignments as well as a guy with good hands, so that does sorta narrow the field some.

Reaction score
I want the #2 RB to be good in the pass game, particularly picking up the blitzes, but I want a guy who can be a legit every down back if needed. You can coach a guy up in protection, but you can't teach a guy to be a natural RB. Every back we have does not have to be a swiss army knife.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Chris Ivory came cheap he'd be a nice pickup. That dude is tough. He's like a less flashy Marion Barber.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's the crazy thing. Tanner and Dunbar play well on special teams, look at least adequate when they get out there behind our shitty offensive line....but when asked for comments our FO says "Tanner and Dunbar are 3 backs" and "I like our offensive line".

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What Zero said. Don't make the same mistake you did with Barber all over again and assume he's the guy who only needs a complement. Just get the best guy possible no matter the style. I still say Murray needs to change his bulldozer ways anyway, or he won't make it. Maybe he should try to be a little more elusive like he was in college and let a naturally bigger back be the hammer.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Running backs are a dime a dozen. Shit, I'd take Stefphon Jefferson from Nevada in the late rounds. Sleeper pick of the draft IMO.

Reaction score
He should go undrafted. I would hate to spend a pick on a guy who might go undrafted...like Coale and Johnson last year.

Reaction score
He should go undrafted. I would hate to spend a pick on a guy who might go undrafted...like Coale and Johnson last year.

Johnson wasn't going undrafted. It was mentioned in multiple articles that NE was looking at him in the mid-rounds.

Reaction score
Johnson wasn't going undrafted. It was mentioned in multiple articles that NE was looking at him in the mid-rounds.

Feh. Teams were trying to move up to get Quincy Carter too, if you believe that. Johnson should have gone undrafted.

Anyways...I hate to throw away picks late when you can take a chance on players that slipped instead of grabbing projects. Hanna was an excellent pick for us and filled a need. Even the gamble on Dennard by the Pats was solid IMO.

Reaction score

Are you sure it wasn't Philly, and not NE?

I remember Philly having interest, because I remember thinking how poorly they themselves evaluate safeties.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I dont remember if New England was, but Philly definitely was and there was another team mentioned that I remember (it was Seattle or Chicago I believe)

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I apologize for the "sources" but two guys (Cardinals scout and Seahawks assistant) told me their teams had him graded as an UDFA.

Reaction score
multiple-sources.gif

Top Bottom