Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith: 'Demote Jason Garrett's butt back to offensive coordinator'
SportsDayDFW.com
Published: 17 October 2012

Here are highlights of Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith's discussion of the Cowboys' loss to the Baltimore Ravens on ESPN's First Take.

Who do you blame for the Cowboys' loss?

Stephen A. Smith: What have I been telling you? They Cowboys are ultra-talented. They entered the game with the league's top-ranked pass defense. It's not a question of their talent. They have the talent. The question is whether they will find a way to beat themselves, because they always do in the Tony Romo era. Clearly, Tony Romo made some errors. Clearly, Dez Bryant shouldn't have dropped that pass on the two-point conversion. Clearly, with 22 seconds, you should be able to get off more than one play, particularly when you had a timeout at your disposal. But you had Miles Austin and another wideout lollygagging back to the line of scrimmage. You had offensive linemen lollygagging to the line of scrimmage. No sense of urgency whatsoever. Which leads me to where the culpability ultimately lies. With Mr. Jason Garrett. You're proud of a team that inept, mentally? That unfocused? That undisciplined? That idiotic? No wonder you're losing. No wonder this dude is 15-14 as the head coach for the Dallas Cowboys with not a single playoff appearance. He gets the head coaching job but keeps the job as offensive coordinator. Then, on top of it all, he gives the job as offensive coordinator to Bill Callahan, but he's still calling the plays. Bill Callahan is the same head coach of the Oakland Raiders in 2002 that took them to the Super Bowl. You don't think he's qualified to call plays instead of you? When is Dallas, when is Big D going to stand up and say, 'what has this man done?' You can talk to me about what he knows all you want. All I know is that since this man became head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, they have been a walking piece of mediocrity. If you're going to be a head coach in this league, you have to be a leader of men. Demote his butt back to offensive coordinator and call it a day. Everybody loves Jason Garrett. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
anyone who posts articles from stephen a smith in the future shall recieve a 7 day ban.

thats a rule.

i just made it up.

its new.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He should go back to QB coach and have to work his way up without Jerry lifting him the whole way.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
anyone who posts articles from stephen a smith in the future shall recieve a 7 day ban.

thats a rule.

i just made it up.

its new.

Like him or hate him... he's spot on in this article, with the exception of demoting him to OC. I don't want him calling plays either.

Tabascocat

Spectator
Reaction score
This just proves SAS is a moron, not like I didn't know already. Demote our offensive genius to OC? really?? Does he not know most of our problems begin with the offense? geez, that guy sucks at his specialty in the NBA, now he wants to tell us about our HC in the NFL. He doesn't know his ass from his face.

I think Garrett would be better just concentrating on head coaching duties and handing over the playbook to a real OC, but what do I know, I am not some guy who is only on TV to spew total bullshit. But if it were up to me, I would have never hired Jason in the first place.

Top Bottom