C

Cr122

Who knows with New England they change players and assistant coaches like diapers.

sbk92

Reaction score
Newest likely member of Jason Garrett's staff has six Super Bowl rings

GERRY FRALEY / The Dallas Morning News

The Cowboys are positioned to add an owner of six Super Bowl rings to coach Jason Garrett’s staff.

Mike Woicik probably will start his second run as Cowboys strength-and-conditioning coach after a scheduled meeting today with Garrett at Valley Ranch. Woicik has been with New England since 1997, and the Patriots let his contract expire after this season.

The Patriots won three Super Bowls during Woicik’s time with the club. Woicik was also with the Cowboys for their Super Bowl wins in the 1992-93 and ’95 seasons. His final season with the Cowboys, 1996, was marked by a heated sideline dispute with coach Barry Switzer over letting Chris Boniol kick a seventh field goal late in a game that had been decided.

Joe Juraszek replaced Woicik in 1997. Juraszek, well-regarded, missed the last half of this season because of a family medical issue that apparently will not allow him to continue.

The looming addition of Woicik will continue Garrett’s change of culture around the club. Woicik is driven and will challenge players with their workouts.

The Cowboys’ late-game problems figured in their interest in Woicik.

New England this season was a strong finishing team. The Patriots were 14-0 for games they led or were tied at any point during the fourth quarter.

The Cowboys often faltered during the stretch drive. They were 6-5 for games they led or were tied at any point during the fourth quarter.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
You have to. Woicik is regarded as maybe the best in the league.

Not only that,I'm one who thinks at least part of our late game/late season swoons were due in part to conditioning.

Reaction score
Not only that,I'm one who thinks at least part of our late game/late season swoons were due in part to conditioning.

I think that's a safe assumption.

With that said, I've always been under the impression that Joe Jurasek has been one of the more respected S&C guys in the league himself.

So I'm not sure our late season collapses are really tied to the S&C guy, although I could be wrong.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think that's a safe assumption.

With that said, I've always been under the impression that Joe Jurasek has been one of the more respected S&C guys in the league himself.

So I'm not sure our late season collapses are really tied to the S&C guy, although I could be wrong.

Yeah,Mid,I'm not ready to say it was all on Juraszek.He seems to be somewhat of a guru himself,as you say.

Sometimes I just think a new taskmaster is in order.

C

Cr122

You have to. Woicik is regarded as maybe the best in the league.

Strength and conditioning are obviously important to a teams success, as someone mentioned it was one of our better weaknesses this past year.

sbk92

Reaction score
Mike Woicik visits Valley Ranch

By Calvin Watkins

Mike Voicik visited Valley Ranch today to speak with team officials about returning as the Cowboys strength and conditioning coach.

It's expected he will become the strength and conditioning coach replacing Joe Juraszek. Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones hoped Juraszek would return for 2011, but a medical issue has developed preventing that. Jursazek missed the last few weeks of the season due to a medical problem and Tony Ollison took over for him.

Voicik spent 11 seasons with the New England Patriots before his contract ended after the 2010 season.

Woicik is the only player or coach with six Super Bowl rings, having won three with Dallas (1992, '94-95) and three with Patriots (2001, '03-04).

Rush end Charles Haley is the only player with five Super Bowl rings.

Woicik was the Cowboys strength coach from 1990-96 before spending the next three years in New Orleans. Woicik joined the Patriots in 2000 when Bill Belichick took over as coach.

sbk92

Reaction score
Nothing new. Post count.

Ya gotta love the GM again wanting to retain pretty much everything he talks about with this team.

Sweeping change is on the way. Well no, we're good there. There too. We're really not as bad as we look at that position. No. No. Maybe, I wouldn't rule it out.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I doubt it. If that was the case, he would've likely been replaced.

I figured Woicik would've been wrapped up by now. I wonder what the hold up is?

I seem to remember Parcells introducing it here and making a big deal out of it.

Top Bottom