Reaction score
Does it mean Garret is for real or is it just luck?

I wanna believe we needed a change but that simply cant be the case, or can it?

Whats your thoughts?

sbk92

Reaction score
It means the combination of the Giants being over confident and our team having shot in the arm from the coaching change was enough to steal a win today.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It breaks the chain of losing. Losing can become symptomatic if it isn't curbed. I hope it's not too late. Even if we don't do anything this year, you still want to finish on a strong note so that losing doesn't become a culture.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it means we're 2-7 and that some positive stuff is happening for the first time all year

Plymkr

Reaction score
it means we're 2-7 and that some positive stuff is happening for the first time all year

That's about it, 2-7. Get ready for next week. It was nice not seeing that confused moron on the sidelines looking lost. Garrett sure looks the part of an HC. But, it's only one game. Giant aren't that much better then the Cowboys. Cowboys shot themselves in the foot, in the first meeting. I will gain a little more confidence when Dallas goes out and whoops on a team that they are supposed to beat down.

C

Cr122

Yeah, not seeing Wade's dumb face on the sidelines is good enough reason to win for me.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing for sure, that had Wade been on the sidelines, we would have lost that game for sure. Now we could have very well lost the game last night under Garrett, but the difference is that in seeing that performance, I would have been ok with that. Because what we saw yesterday in contrast to the first 8 games was EFFORT! And that is what made the difference in us winning.

C

Cr122

One thing for sure, that had Wade been on the sidelines, we would have lost that game for sure. Now we could have very well lost the game last night under Garrett, but the difference is that in seeing that performance, I would have been ok with that. Because what we saw yesterday in contrast to the first 8 games was EFFORT! And that is what made the difference in us winning.

And you have to give EFFORT to Garrett for preparing this team.

It's not easy to win on the road when your on a losing streak.

These players rallied around their coach.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There has not been any poster on this board that has been more critical of Garrett than myself. I stand by what I've said about him. But I liked what I saw in the Giants' game. Even if we would have lost, you can tell that there was something different about the team.

I just want to say, that I hope Garrett develops more of a killer instinct. To keep going for points no matter how far you are up. Coughlin does it, and Reid certainly does it as evident last night, and if Shanahan was ever in a position to do so, he would run up the score. This is something we have been missing since Jimmy Johnson and then Switzer. This team needs to put their foot on the other teams neck and not let up. Parcells and Wade were too much of pussies to do that.

The second to last possession of the game, the Cowboys got the ball back from a fumble by Manning. We were in the red zone with a 1st down at the 10 yard line and 7 MINUTES LEFT in the game, despite us being up by 13 points. What does Garrett do? Call three straight run plays to run down the clock. That is why too much time left and on so short a field to be trying to run down the clock. Go for the score and make it a 3 possession game. Instead we go 3 and out and Buehler misses a chip-shot. We dodged a bukllet on that.

But that's my rant. This team needs to develop a killer instinct.

Top Bottom