Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Probably the worst scheduling...but if we beat Wash next week and St Louis beats Seattle, we get a bye?

Now of course the chance of St Louis pulling off a win IN Seattle is near impossible that leaves a HUGE problem.

Dallas plays 1ET and Seattle plays 4ET....that forces the cowboys to have something to play for against a team looking to injure our players with nothing to lose. Great.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know. I do know we hold the tie-breaker over Seattle. We beat them head-to-head. So, I'm not sure how that plays out.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Az has to lose as well and if that happens, it doesn't matter if Dallas beats Washington or not, they'll still get the bye (#2 seed unless Detroit/GB tie then they get the #1 seed)

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
pretty much unless you believe its important to keep the pedal to the metal which I believe has some value but I''m not sure I could justify the risk to Romo against Haslett's blitzing D and other players as well

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
fuck that. You know the Redskins are going to make it their goal to injure Romo for the 3RD time. We need the bye week to rest up.

Reaction score
Az has to lose as well and if that happens, it doesn't matter if Dallas beats Washington or not, they'll still get the bye (#2 seed unless Detroit/GB tie then they get the #1 seed)
I see that in the Yahoo playoff generator, but I don't see how we can be behind Seattle and Arizona now and ahead of them if all lose next week. They're all conference games next week...?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just looked at a few sites and it appears most likely we're the #3 seed and we play the loser of GB/Detroit next week. Is that right?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I see that in the Yahoo playoff generator, but I don't see how we can be behind Seattle and Arizona now and ahead of them if all lose next week. They're all conference games next week...?

GB or Detroit gets the #1 seed with a record of 12-4

Seattle wins the division over Az with @ 11-5 each because of head to head wins by Seattle

Dallas wins the tie breaker over Seattle because they beat Seattle

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can't see any way in hell Seattle loses at home to the Rams, which has to happen for us to get a 1 or 2 seed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fisher is an ornery bastard so I think the Rams will put up a fight. He just doesn't have crap at QB.

The 49ers are more talented than the Cardinals so I can see them showing up as well. Lindley is awful.

Garrett defers to the players so I'm not sure we will rest anyone. I could see us pulling the plug earlier than we did today though. I hate the idea that we can't risk Romo with the Redskins blitzes. How about countering them? Gee, I sure hope the playoff team we play doesn't blitz us since we are helpless to stop it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Normally I'd give the Rams a punchers chance, but I was halfway watching that game since ours was such a snoozer, and they really sucked today. That's probably the worst they've played in a while, and it was at home to an average Giants team. Seattle's D will probably completely shut them down next week with everything to play for.

And yeah, I'm slightly worried about the Skins game even though it doesn't mean anything. The downside of the Eagles losing was the Skins playing much better and getting a little confidence and momentum going into their final week. If the Eagles had won, I think the Skins might have mailed it in next week, but now I doubt they do.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ya the seahawks have WAY to much to play for. Literally playing for home field throughtout the playoffs. That place is going to be rockin.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i understand momentum and all that but it works both ways...

What if the starters play and come out flat as fuck and romo is just getting rocked...then we pull them..

Yeah, that actually could be WORSE than just not playing them at all

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i understand momentum and all that but it works both ways...

What if the starters play and come out flat as fuck and romo is just getting rocked...then we pull them..

Yeah, that actually could be WORSE than just not playing them at all

I'm worried about that scenario as well (but I run skerd all the time). Thats what happened against the Skins in 2007

Reaction score
It's probably too early to tell, but does anyone have an idea when we'll play on wildcard weekend?

I'm in a be driving most of Sunday so I'm either hoping for a Saturday game, or the late Sunday game.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think they'll even decide that until after next week's games... But you can pretty much count on their putting the worst matchup Saturday afternoon. Which obviously won't be us.

It's just a guess, but I'd say it's a good bet we do play Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

Top Bottom