Reaction score
Redskins have no response to report of Kyle Shanahan berating official
Posted by Mike Florio on September 23, 2012, 7:52 PM EDT

Daniel Snyder owns the Redskins. Daniel Snyder owns Red Zebra Broadcasting. Red Zebra Broadcasting owns ESPN 980.

ESPN 980 has an inflammatory and controversial report regarding the behavior of Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan at Sunday’s loss to the Bengals.

And the Redskins have no response to that report.

According to ESPN 980, Kyle Shanahan chased down an official and said, “You have no f–king balls, you are a f–king pussy.”

“We have no control over any media outlet in this area,” Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie told PFT by phone. “They report what they want to report. Specifically, we’re not responding to that report.”

Anything other than a denial will raise eyebrows at the league office, given that the NFL has warned teams on multiple occasions that there should be no berating or bullying of the replacement officials.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lol

Of all the people, why is Kyle shanahan allowed to act this way. He is a nobody. Rich kid getting to play coach for his daddy.

No different than this insane notion that the nfl coaches are required to know all about Greg schiano's rutgers career.

Screw you and your rutgers nonsense, it's frigging rutgers....go play lacrosse.

I hope freeman gets both ankles blown up at some point on a similar play.

Schiano telling people to go check his rutgers tape....what a frigging joke...rutgers. Man that crap pissed me off today. Biggest bush league stuff you can see.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It..is..football. Line up and block the guy in front of you. He has bad intentions. Don't cry about it, stop him.

Then again this game is becoming less and less football.

Pretty soon defense will be played by politely asking the ball carrier to stop running towards the end zone.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We did stop him.

Schiano is just wrong on this.

Someone is going to get hurt.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Lol

Of all the people, why is Kyle shanahan allowed to act this way. He is a nobody. Rich kid getting to play coach for his daddy.

No different than this insane notion that the nfl coaches are required to know all about Greg schiano's rutgers career.

Screw you and your rutgers nonsense, it's frigging rutgers....go play lacrosse.

I hope freeman gets both ankles blown up at some point on a similar play.

Schiano telling people to go check his rutgers tape....what a frigging joke...rutgers. Man that crap pissed me off today. Biggest bush league stuff you can see.

His Rutgers tape is what got him hired.

Why would he not coach the same way that got him the job he currently has?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We did stop him.

At least now you know it's coming.

To me that's like saying someone is going to get hurt when teams go for it on 4th and 1. Button up your chin strap and stop the guy.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It would be bush league if a team was doing it when they are down by 2 scores with a few seconds left. As long as there is a chance the other team can win they should be able to play defense.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
His Rutgers tape is what got him hired.

Why would he not coach the same way that got him the job he currently has?

It's a bush league play.

Having your lineman dive and submarine the o- line's knees is not an ok play.

Inside the opponents 15 or something s one thing. But at your own 40? Please. Someone is going to get hurt.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But lIke I said, he is not a respected coach amongst the ranks.

I look forward to someon faking a knee and throwing one into the end zone on them.

And spare me his rutgers career, no one in the nfl cares about his marginal success at rutgers for gods sake.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whoop de doo.

None of belichicks coaching tree has had any success.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Teams could always just line up with a normal formation and not have to deal with it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Teams could always just line up with a normal formation and not have to deal with it.

That is what s going to happen. Somebody will have a big lead on them and will throw the ball in this situation.

hairic

Spectator
Reaction score

Not likely, it'd be a bad idea unless up multiple scores (still a bad idea). They'd just line 4-5 defenders on the center/guards trying to cause a fumble. Maybe add in a blitzing defender or two jumping over that pile to cause pressure/strip the ball. That leaves 4-6 in coverage.

Just take a knee, that's what the victory formation is designed to do: possess the ball as successfully as possible.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We did stop him.

I like Schiano's strategy up to a point, and that's with 2-4 seconds remaining on the clock and one of his guys needlessly popping one of ours (Cook) pretty hard.

That just opens up the sore losers on his squad to take out their frustrations and someone is going to get hurt.

Reaction score
I'd say all bets are off against TB. If I was coaching and we were up in the 4th, I'd be rubbing it in Madden-style. Deep passes, hurry up offense, taking time outs... kicking field goals up 14 with 5 seconds on the clock, etc.

Top Bottom