English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cowboys extend contracts of Scott Linehan, Rod Marinelli

March 28th, 2017 at 3:00pm CST •By Dallas Robinson (profootball rumors.com)

The Cowboys have extended the contracts of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, a source tells Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram. Linehan, specifically, had two years added to his deal, meaning he is now signed through the 2019 campaign.

Linehan, 53, has been with the Cowboys since 2014, and assumed the title of offensive coordinator in 2015. Despite seeing starting quarterback Tony Romo go down in the preseason, Linehan led an offense that finished third in DVOA in 2016, getting contributions from rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott (and a league-best offensive line) en route to a postseason berth. Linehan, who has also called plays for Minnesota, Miami, and Detroit, was the Rams’ head coach from 2005-08.

Marinelli, too, has been a head coach before, as he lead the Lions from 2006-08 (and was infamously in charge of Detroit’s 0-16 roster). The 67-year-old has posted much better results as a defensive coordinator, and that’s the role he’s held in Dallas since 2014.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys extend contracts of Scott Linehan, Rod Marinelli

March 28th, 2017 at 3:00pm CST •By Dallas Robinson (profootball rumors.com)

The Cowboys have extended the contracts of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, a source tells Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram. Linehan, specifically, had two years added to his deal, meaning he is now signed through the 2019 campaign.

Linehan, 53, has been with the Cowboys since 2014, and assumed the title of offensive coordinator in 2015. Despite seeing starting quarterback Tony Romo go down in the preseason, Linehan led an offense that finished third in DVOA in 2016, getting contributions from rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott (and a league-best offensive line) en route to a postseason berth. Linehan, who has also called plays for Minnesota, Miami, and Detroit, was the Rams’ head coach from 2005-08.

Marinelli, too, has been a head coach before, as he lead the Lions from 2006-08 (and was infamously in charge of Detroit’s 0-16 roster). The 67-year-old has posted much better results as a defensive coordinator, and that’s the role he’s held in Dallas since 2014.

Serves two purposes: Linehan to continue to bail Garrett out. Marinelli to continue to serve as scapegoat for Garrett.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How much longer does Marinelli really have left? He's old and as fuck.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
While I like the re-signing of Terrance Williams, I wish we used that money to sign Rex Burkhead instead.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. He will become a star in NE.

Idk how they're going to spread the ball around to all those targets:

Cooks, Amendola, Hogan, Endelman, White, Jones, Gronk, Burkhead and Dwayne Allen.

I wonder if they feel that Gronk will never be the same again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw CMD's guy TJ McDonald got an 8 game suspension.

Probably 'splains why nobody signed him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Idk how they're going to spread the ball around to all those targets:

Cooks, Amendola, Hogan, Endelman, White, Jones, Gronk, Burkhead and Dwayne Allen.

I wonder if they feel that Gronk will never be the same again.

I don't think they do think he'll ever be the same again. Also would not be surprised if they add McCaffrey to that list.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
NBC Pro Football Talk reporting that Gavin Escobar is visiting with the Chiefs today.

Still can't decide if he was garbage or if he just wasn't utilized correctly.

Top Bottom