cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's assume the Cowboys have a couple more million available under the cap. Jerry asks you who's the player, what position we need to address, to make this off-season complete before going into the draft. Pick your guy and make your case. Try to be realistic.

This website seems to be pretty up-to-date with who's been signed and who is still out there.
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

Current Cowboy signings:
Brandon Carr, cornerback
Dan Connor, linebacker
Brodney Pool, safety
Kyle Orton, quarterback
Mackenzy Bernadeau, guard
Nate Livings, guard
Lawrence Vickers, fullback
Kevin Ogletree, wide receiver

I'll post my pick later.

Reaction score
Immediate reaction upon reading the OP was Kameron Wimbley.

After reviewing the majority of that website for alternatives, I'm still on Kameron Wimbley.

Singing him would give us a more proven pass rusher than Spencer, and he's also a quality run defender. And we'd be able to sign him for less than the near 9 million a year we have dedicated to Spencer currently.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd say Wimbley.

Remove the tag from Spencer, let him walk. Then sign Ted Ginn Jr.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wimbley if they were going to replace Spencer. Not sure how much of an overall upgrade he is though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hell, I'd sign both Manny Lawson and Josh Morgan. Re-cut Ogletree.

Lawson has already proven he cant be an OLB in the 3-4. Morgan signed with the Skins

They dont need to cut Ogletree to sign anyone. He makes the minimum.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lawson has already proven he cant be an OLB in the 3-4. Morgan signed with the Skins

They dont need to cut Ogletree to sign anyone. He makes the minimum.

So? Livings proved he can suck, but there's hope for him since we have a different blocking scheme and Bill Callahan to coach him.

Couldn't the same be said for Manny Lawson getting into our 3-4 and having Rob Ryan coaching him?

It's the Parcells' effect, go after former 1st round picks because the ability is there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So? Livings proved he can suck, but there's hope for him since we have a different blocking scheme and Bill Callahan to coach him.

Couldn't the same be said for Manny Lawson getting into our 3-4 and having Rob Ryan coaching him?

It's the Parcells' effect, go after former 1st round picks because the ability is there.

Nope, the guy just dont fit.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
we did it once for a guy whose problem was he couldn't get healthy, not that he had been given multiple opportunities and never done anything with them. doesn't really make it a Parcells thing.

Taking a flyer on a former 1st round choice is a Parcells' thing.

Again, scouts and personnel men once thought highly of his skill set, so the ability is there.

Top Bottom