Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was way wrong about last year,
Because like most of us, you couldn't conceive of the massive amount of breaks this team was going to get, and no way does anyone conceive of a back in a Garrett coached team getting 400 carries.

All of this amounted to only four more wins.

Reaction score
The thing I was most concerned about last year was the defense. I thought we could run the ball, but yeah, I didn't predict that type of season. The biproduct of the success of the running game was that it made the defense look eons better than they were. And we got fortuitous with turnovers. I did notice watching practice the other day that any time the ball hit the ground, the defense is being coached to go after it. Even if the ballcarrier is down, incomplete pass, play dead, whatever. If the ball hits the ground, they go get it. I'm sure that's the Marinelli influence.

Also, I saw a play that was a pass to Escobar down the seam. I think it was Patmon or one of the lower level CBs who was trailing him... The CB punched the ball out of Escobar's grasp from behind basically a step or two after he caught the ball. The ball bounced off the helmet of Wilcox (coming over late as usual) and bounced up in the air and Wilcox intercepted it.

Not that I necessarily think you can coach turnovers... but you can coach an agressive mindset towards getting the ball. I think it helped last year. Hopefully it continues.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love the homers approach..

"YOU GUYS WERE WRONG LAST YEAR!!!!"

Okay, what about the several years before that?

"I'M NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A BETTER FAN THAN YOU GUYS!!"

Like I've told your brethren several times, when the Cowboys play well and win, we enjoy it just as much as you do. You can fool yourselves and say different, but you're wrong. There is not a single homer who enjoys a winning Cowboys team more than I do.

Top Bottom