Reaction score
Hear me out...

We're 7-4
Giants are 6-4

Our division record is 2-1
Their division record is 1-2

Our conference record is 5-2
Their conference record is 3-4

If the Giants win tonight, they (obviously) go to 7-4 (1-2)(4-4).

We'll still be in first place in the division based on tie-breakers.

Furthermore, they still have Green Bay this coming week - a loss that would put them at 7-5, whereas we'll very likely beat the Cardinals and be 8-4.

So we'd be heading into the 12/11 game with a 1 game lead in the division.

Even if we lost that game, we'd have the same division record but a better conference record, so we'd still be in 1st place.

But you're probably asking me... why would I want the Giants to win?

Well... because I don't think they sweep us, for one. So even if we lose 12/11, I think we'll beat them in week 17. Given that belief, the belief that they likely drop the game to the Packers, I think they AT BEST end up 10-6 and we'd end up in first with the better division record if we were to split with them and then drop 1 more game (even though I think we end up 11-5).

BUT... more importantly... a Giants win tonight could help out more in the long-term. I.E. playoffs.

New Orleans holds the #3 seed with a 7-3 record. A loss tonight moves them to 7-4, with a 4-4 conference record.

Meaning, we'd move up to the #3 seed tonight.

New Orleans only other challenging games (IMO) after tonight are next week at Detroit and then Atlanta in week 16.

So lets say in my scenario.... Giants win tonight.... we go 4-1 down the stretch, and New Orleans goes 4-1 as well.

We end up with the same record, but because of a better conference record we get the #3 seed.

And that's the difference between having to travel to Green Bay or face San Francisco in the divisional round.

Facing San Fran (assuming we win the wild card game - which, as the #3 seed, might mean a game vs the hapless Bears) could mean we end up in the NFC title game.

Thoughts?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I want to create separation. The Giants are the only threat to our playoff hopes right now.

A two game lead and better division record would be huge.

Reaction score
I want to create separation. The Giants are the only threat to our playoff hopes right now.

A two game lead and better division record would be huge.

I have confidence that we can beat the Giants.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought about this too Middy (mid level poster) - ultimately I decided that the reward was not worth the risk. If it was the diff between the 2 and 3 seed as opposed to 3 and 4 seed it would be a lot easier to justify. At the end of the day, more than likely we are going to have to beat GB in Lambeau. Whether that is in the Division round or in the Conf champ game. Doesn't matter.

Reaction score
I thought about this too Middy (mid level poster) - ultimately I decided that the reward was not worth the risk. If it was the diff between the 2 and 3 seed as opposed to 3 and 4 seed it would be a lot easier to justify. At the end of the day, more than likely we are going to have to beat GB in Lambeau. Whether that is in the Division round or in the Conf champ game. Doesn't matter.

I agree. But I'd rather win two playoff games this year, as opposed to just one.

Could you imagine the Cowboys in the NFC title game? Just the thought is awesome.

I'm so over the "1 playoff win in 15 years" mantra.

Reaction score
Did you come with this while on the potty? Kidding, it’s not bad. Well thought out (well for your standard). It comes down to how much confidence you have in the Cowboys to win out or go 4-1. For me, the Giants concern me. I would rather the Saints put them two games down, then we can root against the Saints or any other team that comes into the playoff scenario picture.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That actually makes sense..I have no problem w that thought process. I don't like how you just assume we will lose to those cheese eaten schmucks.

Reaction score
I'm definitely rooting for the Saints as well.

But this is how I will justify a Giants win tonight to bring peace to my achy breaky heart.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
76adebate7.jpg

"It was my understanding that there would be no math."

Reaction score
That actually makes sense..I have no problem w that thought process. I don't like how you just assume we will lose to those cheese eaten schmucks.

Not for nothing, but the past two weeks we've been eaten alive by Matt Moore and Rex Grossman.

Aaron Rodgers has a QB rating of like 612 or something.

Unless weather is a factor, which I definitely think it could be, then he'd make Terrence Newman, Orlando Scandrick, Alan Ball, and Abram Elam look slightly less than the incredible All-Pro defenders that they are.

Reaction score
You know, in hindsight... the only thing that might make this thread idea more retarded would be me throwing "UNIVERSORS" in the thread title.

My bad guys.

They can't all be gems.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know, in hindsight... the only thing that might make this thread idea more retarded would be me throwing "UNIVERSORS" in the thread title.

My bad guys.

They can't all be gems.

There's no one here who's perfect, Midswat.

Except for me

Reaction score
People keep pointing to the secondary, but a big part of the problem is that we blitz the shit out of people, but put no pressure on the QB, leaving them high and dry, naked and nude, prey, easy targets for the competitions, to rape and buttfuck them.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People keep pointing to the secondary, but a big part of the problem is that we blitz the shit out of people, but put no pressure on the QB, leaving them high and dry, naked and nude, prey, easy targets for the competitions, to rape and buttfuck them.

I like how you put that.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

I'm getting aroused.

Reaction score

Jesus, did you type that with one hand on your cock?

Top Bottom