jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Should Jason Witten have lowered shoulder?
September, 12, 2011

By Tim MacMahon
IRVING, Texas -- Jason Witten had a full head of steam and nothing but 5-foot-8, 188-pound safety Jim Leonhard between him and the end zone.

Witten didn't get to pay dirt. Neither did the Cowboys on that possession, which ended with Tony Romo's fumble at the 2-yard line.

Witten's 77-pound weight advantage over Leonhard didn't matter on the play. That's because Witten tried to outrace the smallish safety to the pylon in the front corner of the end zone instead of lowering his shoulder and running over Leonhard.

"I don’t know," Witten said when asked if he should have tried a different approach at the end of the 64-yard run and catch. "Maybe you try to go back into him. I remember being in Detroit a couple of years ago and you lean out and you fumble [and] thinking that any points is better than nothing. I was trying to score, they make good plays, kind of had an angle on me. I felt like I didn’t really stiff arm to try to get there, probably should have avoided the sidelines, get back in there."

It's tough to criticize a Pro Bowl tight end for a 64-yard play. But if Witten tried to power his way into the end zone, the Cowboys would probably be celebrating a win.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
not getting into the EZ for his whole career makes him less than what he's made at to be ...

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
not getting into the EZ for his whole career makes him less than what he's made at to be ...

Dannnnnnnng X-Dawg..Jason Witten now too ?

Are you sure you're even a Cowboys fan?

You do realize this is a Dallas Cowboys forum..not Oklahoma State Cowboys.. not single Cowboys looking for a good time..The Dallas Cowboys.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dannnnnnnng X-Dawg..Jason Witten now too ?

Are you sure you're even a Cowboys fan?

You do realize this is a Dallas Cowboys forum..not Oklahoma State Cowboys.. not single Cowboys looking for a good time..The Dallas Cowboys.

THE WRITER AGREES
But if Witten tried to power his way into the end zone, the Cowboys would probably be celebrating a win.

Reaction score
2 criticize Witten is crazy in my mind . At the end of the day we should of scored no matter what after that play

Top Bottom