dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shocking enough that it deserves it's own thread. I cannot recall him ever saying anything like this.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah thats probably because dak's next extension is gonna max out the salary cap so much that DAL won't be able to afford any other players for the foreseeable future

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah thats probably because dak's next extension is gonna max out the salary cap so much that DAL won't be able to afford any other players for the foreseeable future
In a cryptic way, he intimated Dak wasn't getting any extension though.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The real men in the tinfoil hats | We Run and Ride

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you listen to the entire interview, what he actually said was “I would anticipate, looking at our key contracts, we will be all in”

So the way I took it is that they were going “all in” on signing our guys

Not necessarily “all in” on getting other players in here to win now.

So I anticipate Dak getting some stupid record breaking non team friendly contract with all the bells and whistles that favor him and not the team. Like the no trade clause.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you listen to the entire interview, what he actually said was “I would anticipate, looking at our key contracts, we will be all in”
He's always been pretty much "all in" on keeping our key free agents, and he has never prefaced those offseasons with "we are going all in on this season" before.

We will see what it means. It probably doesnt mean any of the highest tier free agent singings but it probably does mean more mid level guys than in past years (we pretty much only signed bargain guys to short term deals) and it could mean some other free agent trade acquisitions.

We shall see. Free agency starts in 5 weeks or so I think.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's just talking stupid nonsense right before going "all in" on total failure Zimmer.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sounds like Zimmer deal is up in the air now

Zimmer is probably at a point in his life where he’s having trouble with the “check your balls at the door” part of Jeri’s coaching contract

Top Bottom