Reaction score
Question: Why can't the Cowboys’ offense run more screens and sweeps with their backs? They seem to do well with them.

Sherrington: You are channeling the late, great Frank Luksa, a lifelong proponent of the screen pass. Probably as a result of playing QB at Georgetown High. I think that's where the famously bent nose came from. Yes, that's a great idea, especially in light of the blitzes the Cowboys are seeing. Not exactly rocket science to combat those, by the way.

Question: Seems to me the Cowboys have been outcoached in “all three phases" the last two games, to borrow a term from coach process.... you agree?

Sherrington: For the life of me, can't understand why they've had such trouble with blitzes lately. Romo has struggled historically with Jim Haslett's defenses, but still. Yes, I put the losses on the coaching staff more than anyone else. A break here or there and they win the Washington game easily. The Cards' game was problematic from the start because of QB situation.

Reaction score
I put the losses on the coaching staff more than anyone else. A break here or there and they win the Washington game easily. The Cards' game was problematic from the start because of QB situation.

??

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He didn't explain it well but the lack of adjustment against the Skins is unforgivable, and Kyle Orton probably wins the Cards game.

I can see where he's coming from.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This just in, despite the politician-like press conferences, Jason Garrett not so good at the in game adjustments.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He didn't explain it well but the lack of adjustment against the Skins is unforgivable, and Kyle Orton probably wins the Cards game.

I can see where he's coming from.

He did in mentioning the screens. And he's right: it's not rocket science. However I wouldn't say that the coaching STAFF --- which suggests plural, is accurate; but rather HEAD COACH. We all know that Garrett (to borrow the phrase from Omegasuprem) HIJACKED the play calling from Linehan for the Redskins game, and carried it forth to the Cards game.

Top Bottom