Reaction score
Columnist Kevin Sherrington answered questions in a live chat Wednesday. Here are some highlights.

Question: What if Matt Cassel goes down? Who drives the bus the rest of the season?

Kevin Sherrington: Kellen Moore is your man. In fact, you could make the case at some point that they ought to throw him out there and see how he does. Maybe he's got a little something. My pal and colleague, Babe Laufenberg, who knows a little something about QBs, says that even though Moore is a little short both in height and arm strength, you should never ignore productivity. In college, he piled up a lot of numbers. I believe in that sort of thing too. That's why I wrote that the Cowboys should draft Luke Kuechly when he was coming out of Boston College. Now I can't remember if they would have had the opportunity, off the top of my head. I just loved his productivity, leading the nation in tackles two or three years in a row.

Question: Is there a 3-13 season in the very near, almost immediate future for the Cowboys?

Kevin Sherrington: No, I think Cassel finally breaks through and they win at least a couple. Just enough to hurt their draft standing.

Question: I have been hard on Jerry at times because of his questionable personnel decisions. But, give Jerry credit for his generosity, his assistance when a player has personal problems, and with JerryWorld he built a world class stadium, event center or whatever that is the envy of every city on the globe. He is a good and decent person. And, a great salesman.

Kevin Sherrington: Look, no one's had more fun with Jerry than I have. But when I named his palace JerryWorld, it was also an acknowledgement of his vision. The guy saw what the Cowboys could be when no one else could, which seems a little ridiculous to say now. But they couldn't find a buyer. Jerry could see. He made money for himself and the NFL as well. As for what kind of person he is, based on many of the stories I've heard over the years, there's reason to question. Still, I get what you're saying. I think at heart he means to do the right thing. He's a great salesman, as you say, and no matter what anyone says about him, he still comes back smiling. You have to admire that. At least I do.

Question: Of the last 5 games the Cowboys have left, which 1 or 2 do they have a decent chance of winning?

Kevin Sherrington: Jets, Bills, home against the Redskins. I think they win two of those three, at least.

Question: Every year I see the Patriots keep winning and winning. It seems that they lose more good players to season ending injuries than most teams, but they seem to sign players on Wednesday and on Sunday they are key role players in the win. What do the Patriots do that other teams do not?

Kevin Sherrington: Well, if you believe the NFL, they cheat a little. And they have the best QB, which always helps. But what they do mostly is out-coach everyone else. They get more out of their talent than anyone else. That's not a trick. That's just great coaching.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have been hard on Jerry at times because of his questionable personnel decisions. But, give Jerry credit for his generosity, his assistance when a player has personal problems, and with JerryWorld he built a world class stadium, event center or whatever that is the envy of every city on the globe. He is a good and decent person. And, a great salesman.
Oh, stop it. Jerruh is just a Huckster, a flim-flam man who parlayed his father's millions into just enough money to buy the team at a fire sale rate. The stadium? Just a fucking PARODY of the franchise that's more about Jerruh's ego than anything good for the organization. Stop sucking Jerruh dick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They get a look at him every day in practice.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he looks like a middle school kid out there and that he has basically no arm whatsoever

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They get a look at him every day in practice.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he looks like a middle school kid out there and that he has basically no arm whatsoever

If he is as bad as you say, why the hell is he on the team? Surely there are QBs available better than a middle school kid.

Top Bottom