boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It is amazing how once you start filtering NFL size into college players how small they all get.

Never looked at Hogan as especially small or "short", nor Prescott.

But they look like dwarves when you start packing in six-six monsters in there.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was a tad familiar seeing WR's run routes right into the defensive coverage.

Except the TE, we always seem to run plays where the TE is open.

Way too familiar.

Wentz didn't wow me. He looked for the check down a lot. I liked that he isn't afraid to take off when nothing is there. Again, nothing that wowed me. Outside of the TE route and the corner route the Cincinnati WR dropped on 3rd down, he just looked okay.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is exactly what a Cowboys game would look like. Poorly executed simple gameplan where Garrett's shitty offense and Marinelli's soft defense get exposed .

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is exactly what a Cowboys game would look like. Poorly executed simple gameplan where Garrett's shitty offense and Marinelli's soft defense get exposed .

Yep.

And I actually think Marinelli is a good coach, and we all know his scheme is simple. But geez, when I saw practice it seemed like the only thing he said was "Get off the ball, get off the ball" over and over.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
reading media tweets this week about Braxton Miller, Wentz, etc... I was expecting them to stand out more but I should have known better since everything is hyped to the extreme when it comes to the cowboys

reminds me of reading fan posts in the off season about how great everyone is looking for the cowboys, I finally start to buy in and build up a little hope and then its right in the nads with the typical shitball on game day

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Yep, especially on offense. I know most of us here are jaded but I'm not sure why more people don't/can't/won't see how basic Garrett's offense is. We may be the most one-player dependent team in league history.

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
We may be the most one=player dependent team in league history.

And really,there's only one piece of evidence you need to prove this:Chris Collinsworth called us out on it.
I mean,if he noticed it....

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
reading media tweets this week about Braxton Miller, Wentz, etc... I was expecting them to stand out more but I should have known better since everything is hyped to the extreme when it comes to the cowboys
Wentz was very good though. At least I thought so. His throws were pretty much all on target and with plenty of velocity. The worst thing he did IMO was fumble when he got hit.

Miller was kind of disappointing, but he did look really good in practice.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wentz is just the right call. If there are DTs, RBs, WRs, LBs and DBs in later rounds anyway there is no reason not to take him. What still bugs me is that the observations are always the same over the Garrett years that WRs have to "make a play" on the pass in the tight window (unless it's a deep pass then the WR has to outrun the DB). Irvin, Dez, TO and Austin were big physical players who attack the DB and the ball simultaneously. So while Wentz is showing off that he can make the throws into the small windows, the WRs are necessarily open - it's a "hope they can make a play" rather than an open WR who gets the ball because of the dictating nature of the play design. Wentz has the unfortunate situation of throwing in the Garrett design where generally speaking the WRs are not open, they are positioned to be able to make a play but the plays themselves don't help anyone out.

Notice how Wentz just ran with the ball twice by himself despite putting himself at risk.

Repeat after me as we have said for years. "No one is open".

"Well it's not frisbee. They can run after the catch." --- Garrett.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, especially on offense. I know most of us here are jaded but I'm not sure why more people don't/can't/won't see how basic Garrett's offense is. We may be the most one-player dependent team in league history.

Same shit you see with the Vikings, with Norv's offense. Only difference, the Vikings have a much better defense, HC, and a stud RB.

Reaction score
Did you notice that the only time Jason's offense had players open was in the two minute drill at the end of the half and game when the other team was playing prevent? The Hail Mary will be called a huge clutch completion at a critical time. Broaddus tried to somehow excuse Jason's plays not working via Twitter saying that the South was playing mostly zone. That makes it even worse. The routes were so ineffective that zone coverage was shutting down WRs, which means the routes themselves were ineffective and the pass destinations were eliminated.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Broaddus tried to somehow excuse Jason's plays not working via Twitter saying that the South was playing mostly zone. That makes it even worse. The routes were so ineffective that zone coverage was shutting down WRs, which means the routes themselves were ineffective and the pass destinations were eliminated.
And.....Garrett doesn't know how to get a defense out of zone coverage.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you notice that the only time Jason's offense had players open was in the two minute drill at the end of the half and game when the other team was playing prevent? The Hail Mary will be called a huge clutch completion at a critical time.
Yep, everyone was playing way off and they got easy completions underneath. I remember thinking Garrett was probably boasting to himself that this was more proof his players never stop scratching and clawing. :lol

Broaddus tried to somehow excuse Jason's plays not working via Twitter saying that the South was playing mostly zone.
What kind of excuse is that?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I haven't watched image game yet. Please tell me Garret can add another loss to his coaching record

I'll watch the game on DVR when I'm sober in the morning

Reaction score
I haven't watched image game yet. Please tell me Garret can add another loss to his coaching record

I'll watch the game on DVR when I'm sober in the morning

Garrett lost again 27-16 in the Senior Bowl. I don't think Garrett could win a game of Madden vs the computer A.I. if Romo isn't playing for him.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
wentz came up small when the game was actually on. Now how much of that is because of the loser coach he had is the question but then again if he comes here he is stuck with him, right?

Top Bottom