Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That usual comes after.

Yeah, it's an interesting approach. Not quite as interesting as who he chooses to punish. You'd think the offender himself would be punished but that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case.

Some fundamentalists think the Sandy Hook shootings are a result of God being removed from school.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As long as there are legal benefits and ramifications to marriage it is a civil union and therefore a civil right.

If you don't want queers to get married in your church, that's your right. If you don't want to let them marry at all, you're a bigot.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And this is exactly why republicans are awful and are losing more and more political ground. They lack empathy of any sort.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Empathy isn't brought about by party affiliation, punk. You are either born with it, or you aren't.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
As long as there are legal benefits and ramifications to marriage it is a civil union and therefore a civil right.

If you don't want queers to get married in your church, that's your right. If you don't want to let them marry at all, you're a bigot.
If a state votes no on gay marriage, is the whole state bigots? A group of people has every right to decide what is acceptable behaviour within their society.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If a state votes no on gay marriage, is the whole state bigots? A group of people has every right to decide what is acceptable behaviour within their society.

no. Just the people who opposed it.

We used to deem it unacceptable to be black, too. And in a few years, once we've finally deigned to universally bless gays with basic human rights, we'll look back on the people opposing the civil rights of homosexuals with the same disdain and shame that we have for our previous racist generations.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
no. Just the people who opposed it.

We used to deem it unacceptable to be black, too. And in a few years, once we've finally deigned to universally bless gays with basic human rights, we'll look back on the people opposing the civil rights of homosexuals with the same disdain and shame that we have for our previous racist generations.
Being black is not a behaviour. Sucking cock is. Can you tell the difference?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Well said. I have other theories as to why people oppose it.

I'm a big fan of personal freedoms. What two consenting adults do is no business of mine and certainly no business of the government's provided it does not harm others.

Religion should in no way be associated with our government or our schools.

However, if the church has an issue with the term marriage, make marriage a religious ceremony and civil unions the legal process. Then, a church can choose who they will marry and who they will not. Of course, this will lead to churches that support gay marriage and I'm sure won't really solve the issue that bothers those that oppose it.

As far as marriage today, a marriage is only what the two people involved make of it. The act itself is a joke. You can legally marry people by filling out a form on the Internet. You can get married in a drive through. The thought of preserving the "sanctity of marriage" makes me laugh.

The Catholics already specify those who are married in the Church and those that are not. So, "a Catholic marriage" would cover the difference between their religion and another. They don't recognize other church marriages anyway, so it's not a huge leap.

Just keep it out of my legal system.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
When I get married I'm not having a preacher read me the vows. I'm having someone with a real job do it.

This quite possibly could me the most ignorant fucking thing I have ever read on a message board.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah, it's an interesting approach. Not quite as interesting as who he chooses to punish. You'd think the offender himself would be punished but that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case.

Some fundamentalists think the Sandy Hook shootings are a result of God being removed from school.

Which is just about as ignorant as the post from Jon88 above.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I absolutely agree with this.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If you weren't the board's biggest douchebag I would care.

Since you are the board's biggest moron (beating superpunk by a nose) it makes more sense that you would post such an ignorant thing.

Pastors/preachers/clergy all have very real jobs that most times is ass deep in bullshit politics and nonsense.

I'm not religious at all. I was raised by a preacher, though, and I can tell you, it's a shitty job, but it is very real.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And did your rebellion against the religious establishment represented by your father include but was not limited to, having lots of gay sex?

It's OK, we know.

Top Bottom