cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When did Mike Fisher become Spagnolia?

Who employs that hack?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
We'd be just as bad if it werent for Romo.

No, we wouldn't. As hard as you're trying to be a super awesome angruh realist fan trying to hide his homer stripes, there is no way Dallas would ever sink to the depths the jags are at right now. Even when losing, Dallas still has fans. Call people retarded for following a loser team, but it's the truth. The jags are on the verge of going broke. There was even talk of contracting the team if they couldn't get fans to come out. Of moving them to London. Or anywhere, really. The Cowboys will always make money. Maybe not as much as they are now, but they'll never be as bad as the jaguars financially. If they ceased to exist, it would hardly show as a blip on the NFL's radar. You think that could ever be said of Dallas?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, we wouldn't. As hard as you're trying to be a super awesome angruh realist fan trying to hide his homer stripes, there is no way Dallas would ever sink to the depths the jags are at right now. Even when losing, Dallas still has fans. Call people retarded for following a loser team, but it's the truth. The jags are on the verge of going broke. There was even talk of contracting the team if they couldn't get fans to come out. Of moving them to London. Or anywhere, really. The Cowboys will always make money. Maybe not as much as they are now, but they'll never be as bad as the jaguars financially. If they ceased to exist, it would hardly show as a blip on the NFL's radar. You think that could ever be said of Dallas?

We aren't referring to revenue. We're refering to on the field performance. Without Romo we would have been at best 3-13 last year.

Reaction score

Yeah I'm talking about win/loss here. Were a 5 win team at beSt w/o romo

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
“@JordanZaputil23: @fishsports is allen even a legit possibility with the cap situation?” / sure. #CapHellIsAMyth

I wonder what this insufferable homer putz says if Allen makes it out of town without a contract too, and both sign elsewhere.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Signing Allen is great if you're just a few pieces away from a Super Bowl.

We're like 15 pieces away plus a head coach. So this is a huge waste of time for both parties.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Signing Allen is great if you're just a few pieces away from a Super Bowl.

We're like 15 pieces away plus a head coach. So this is a huge waste of time for both parties.

Yeah it is a real waste of time to add, oh, I dunno, one veteran starter to this epic all-time dogshit bad DL.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah it is a real waste of time to add, oh, I dunno, one veteran starter to this epic all-time dogshit bad DL.

It's a waste of resources. We're not going anywhere anytime soon. This team needs to be totally rebuilt. I'd like to gamble on a younger, cheapter player. If he doesn't pan out then we aren't as good and maybe we lose another game or two and get a higher draft pick.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder what this insufferable homer putz says if Allen makes it out of town without a contract too, and both sign elsewhere.
That see, haters, they're learning from the past not to sign old and injured players to big contracts.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That see, haters, they're learning from the past not to sign old and injured players to big contracts.

Great. Since they are supposedly growing a functional brain, when do they learn that hiring a GM to be accountable is smart?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good luck getting Fisher to answer that one.

I suspect you'd get some kind of response that you're hung up on titles and Jerry just takes advice from people. In fact I know you would -- I've heard him say it before.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the redneck, but he'd instantly become the best player on this pathetic defense.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So much for the claim that Jerry gets who he wants. Even if he ends up with Melton and/or Allen, they both bounced without a signed deal. Guess he isn't the closer that homers claim.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would you want to come here if other teams were pursuing you? I know I wouldn't.

Sure I would choose Dallas over a shitty place like Detroit, Buffalo, or Cleveland, but if I had Seattle wanting to sign me there's no way I would consider Dallas.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas among teams with most work left to do in free agency

.....Dallas: Jerry Jones reportedly has been courting DT Henry Melton and DE Jared Allen in recent days, either of which would be a step in the right direction for a Dallas defense that’s extremely depleted up front. How much Jones actually can do is somewhat up in the air given his team’s disastrous salary-cap situation this offseason. The roster already has required multiple cuts and contract restructurings to free up a little money, so continuing to add bodies might not be in the cards.

Evil Media out to get us!!

Top Bottom