Reaction score
What is odd about the Newman couldn't catch comments is that Kansas State used him as a receiver from time to time.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well he couldn't catch in the NFL. That's for sure.

He was also a 25 year old rookie because he was dumb as a box of rocks. That means he was "held back" in school 7 times.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, he didn't suck.

He sucked ASS.

When he wasn't hurt he was giving up 3 big plays for every 1 he made and dropped 3 out of 4 interceptions.
Jon, this is ridiculous.

If Newman was that bad, what are Carr and Claiborne?

Reaction score
Well he couldn't catch in the NFL. That's for sure.

He was also a 25 year old rookie because he was dumb as a box of rocks. That means he was "held back" in school 7 times.

How do you get seven out of that?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry, 3

He was at least 20 when he graduated highschool. What a fucking moron.

Reaction score
Sorry, 3

He was at least 20 when he graduated highschool. What a fucking moron.

I think it was twice. Once in kindergarten... And I can't remember what else. Plus, he redshirted a year.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
image.jpg

He always wanted to be just like Deion too. Well, the few times Deion had the opportunity to intercept the ball he didn't fucking drop it.

He also wasn't injured as much. Not even 1/10th as much.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, and Tyron Smith was 20 when we drafted him.

Lineman can play well into their 30s. Fragile cornerbacks, not so much. And 25 is usually when things start plateauing or going downhill slightly.

Reaction score
Yeah, and Tyron Smith was 20 when we drafted him.

Lineman can play well into their 30s. Fragile cornerbacks, not so much. And 25 is usually when things start plateauing or going downhill slightly.

I brought up Zach Martin's age not because I'm concerned he is going to fall off anytime soon.

Rather, you were discussing ages of rookies. I'm wondering if you think Martin is dumb because he is 23 and turning 24 his rookie year, later this year

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No because he went to Notre Dame and I've seen his interviews.

Newman was dumb. There's no getting around that.

Reaction score
Newman wasn't that bad. But we never should've drafted him.

Parcels loved two players in that draft: Dwayne Robertson (huge bust) and Kevin Williams. I was hoping we'd take Byron Leftwhich.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, he didn't suck.

He sucked ASS.

When he wasn't hurt he was giving up 3 big plays for every 1 he made and dropped 3 out of 4 interceptions.

T New totally did your woman didn't he Jon

Top Bottom