C

Cr122

Sam Young Goes Out With A Knee Sprain

Source

Posted by jellis at 8/28/2010 9:42 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Rookie offensive lineman Sam Young left Saturday's preseason game against the Houston Texans in the fourth quarter after sustaining a knee sprain.

Young, a sixth-round pick out of Notre Dame, backed up Alex Barron. A 6-8, 322-pounder who has fared well in the preseason, Young could miss 4-6 weeks if he has the same injury as defensive end Marcus Spears and guard Kyle Kosier, who were both diagnosed with sprained MCLs earlier in the preseason.

Young was replaced by undrafted free agent Will Barber. Robert Brewster, who started at right tackle in place of Barron and injured starter Marc Colombo at San Diego last week, was the Cowboys' second-team left tackle on Saturday.

C

Cr122

Why not, let them pile up. lol

Unbelievable, when it goes bad, it goes bad.

sbk92

Reaction score
It doesn't go bad when shat players get injured.

We're not awful along the offensive line due to injury. It's a lack of talent. And it will take a crisis situation where even a retarded monkey can see the problem before your GM will recognize it.

C

Cr122

We're not awful along the offensive line due to injury. It's a lack of talent. And it will take a crisis situation where even a retarded monkey can see the problem before your GM will recognize it.

Jones won't admit they're lacking talent, it would make him look bad.

Of course he'll cover it up with some bullshit comments.

Reaction score
Rookie Young could miss up to four weeks

Rookie tackle Sam Young could be out up to four weeks.

A scout from another team at Saturday's game said he rated Young the Cowboys' second-best tackle behind Doug Free.

-- Charean Williams

It's okay . . . we can just insert one of the following: Jacob Rogers, Ryan Young, or Rob Pettiti. Thank you Parcells!

C

Cr122

I'd almost put him on IR, seriously.

He's not going to do shit this year anyways.

C

Cr122

By all accounts, the kid is playing better than expected.

PUP list, maybe. IR would make no sense.

I like Sam Young, but he'll hardly get much playing time anyways with Colombo,Barron and Brewster.

They will use them before they go with Sam Young. Why worry about having him back if he doesn't play much?

C

Cr122

If we put him on IR can he still practice?

The injured reserve is a list of players who are injured and unable to play. NFL teams use the reserve so they can keep a player on the team but not take up a roster spot. A team is allowed 53 players on the roster.

Currently, the NFL's injured reserve rule restricts a player from returning to play during the season that he's placed on the list. For further information on the rules concerning the contract status and compensation for injured players, see the Collective Bargaining Agreement (or CBA).

This represented a rule change which, I believe (I'm still researching this), was instituted when the current CBA was ratified.

Prior to that, the injured reserve rule distinguished between a player going on the list before the final roster was set (in pre-season) and after that. A player going on injured reserve in pre-season was, like now, lost for the season but a player going on the list during the season only had to sit out for a minimum of four games.

Apparantly, the NFL owners pushed for this rule change in an effort to police themselves. I've read that some, unnamed, owners (the NFL owners' meetings are private) felt that some teams were illegally using the injured reserve list to stash players who weren't really injured to circumvent the rules on roster limits (to gain a competitive advantage).

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he can still practice with the team then I would put him on IR, but I wouldn't do it if it means him standing on the sidelines for the whole year and then basically being a rookie again next year.

Reaction score
If he can still practice with the team then I would put him on IR, but I wouldn't do it if it means him standing on the sidelines for the whole year and then basically being a rookie again next year.

If on IR, they can't practice. At least thats my understanding.

I don't at all think we need to put him on IR.

Top Bottom