cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looks at the Bears. Peppers is about it for well known guys.

Julius Peppers perennial Pro Bowler
Henry Melton, 4th round pick and Pro Bowler
Stephen Paea, 2nd round pick
Corey Wooten, 4th round pick
Shea McClellin, 1st round pick

It must be nice it hit on 4th round picks.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
lets say we dont have claiborne...

we damn sure dont have money for jenkins...so now CB is a major need right now...

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Scandrick might be an ideal Tampa 2 style Cornerback.

and again, it's not as big a need in this scheme so we could find lesser free agent cornerbacks to play it. Plus, if we don't have Claiborne that means we have, let's say Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner, so that's 2 less holes for our 2013 defense.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Forgot about old Shea. I guess cause he was just alright and Marinelli barely had a chance to work with him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Julius Peppers perennial Pro Bowler
Henry Melton, 4th round pick and Pro Bowler
Stephen Paea, 2nd round pick
Corey Wooten, 4th round pick
Shea McClellin, 1st round pick

It must be nice it hit on 4th round picks.

Good coaching helps there you know.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lets say we dont have claiborne...

we damn sure dont have money for jenkins...so now CB is a major need right now...

Some of these backup guys might be ok in this scheme. As cmd said, Scandrick might be better in this scheme, although his inability to play the ball will always be a problem IMO.

Sterling Moore looks like a good fit for this scheme, and they can alwayse use a middle to later rd pick on someone else to bring in and provide depth.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Scandrick might be an ideal Tampa 2 style Cornerback.

and again, it's not as big a need in this scheme so we could find lesser free agent cornerbacks to play it. Plus, if we don't have Claiborne that means we have, let's say Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner, so that's 2 less holes for our 2013 defense.

1 less hole...cb would be a hole..whether its 2nd or 3rd cb...theres a hole there...

plus, SOLB is less important in this defense than CB...

im not sure brockers has enough pass rush skills to thrive in this defense anyways

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

If Kiffin and Marinelli can bring over here how physical the Bears' DBs play the ballcarrier, Scandrick could be the guy to get some strips. I seriously doubt he'll ever rack up serious INT numbers, but we'll see.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the claiborne move wasnt nearly the catastrophe as some make it seem

lets see what claiborne turns into before making judgements...if he ends up being a beast, then by all means it was a good move....dont care what scheme we are playing

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good coaching helps there you know.

Coaches will tell you, talent makes the coach.

Hatcher, Spears, Lissemore, Drunky 1, Drunky 2, Crawford,and the host of scrubs we signed off the street don't come close to that talent.

The good news is we may have a d-line that looks like this next year:

LDE Tyrone Crawford
LDT Henry Melton (yes, some serious restructuring has to happen)
RDT Sheldon Richardson
RDE DeMarcus Ware

Restructuring contracts in the one area I have faith in Jerry and Stephen.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Why are you down on Crawford? Before and immediately after the draft, some people who follow the draft felt he could potentially even line up at SOLB in a 3-4.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the way it played out, moving to this Tampa 2 I'd have rather stayed put and drafted Kirkpatrick.

But I still think Claiborne will be excellent.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Coaches will tell you, talent makes the coach.

Hatcher, Spears, Lissemore, Drunky 1, Drunky 2, Crawford,and the host of scrubs we signed off the street don't come close to that talent.

The good news is we may have a d-line that looks like this next year:

LDE Tyrone Crawford
LDT Henry Melton (yes, some serious restructuring has to happen)
RDT Sheldon Richardson
RDE DeMarcus Ware

Restructuring contracts in the one area I have faith in Jerry and Stephen.

youre out your damn mind if you dont think hatch is starting here...in this scenario, hes your LDE

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Hatcher has to be the guy to fill the role Ratliff was going to play. The 3-tech spot.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
definitely not a fit as the 3 tech...melton can play the 3

Hatch Melton Richardson Ware

that Dline will be killer...

still need an offensive line for christs sake

i get the feeling we will take floyd over richardson

Top Bottom