Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
5yrs ago Bill Parcells was the HC. 5 yrs ago Igor Olshansky and Jay Ratliff werent starters on the DL. Anthony Spencer wasnt here, Keith Brooking wasnt here, Jenkins wasnt here, Elam wasnt a contributor, let alone a starter...Sensabaugh wasnt here...Scandrick wasnt here, Victor Butler wasnt here

Did you read my post?

I said over the last 5 years. I didn't say 5 years ago the defense was stupid. I said the defense has been known for mental errors over the last 5 years.

You said we have had a lot of turnover in the last 5 years. I didn't agree with that.

There hasn't been a lot of turnover. Especially over the last 3 years.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I mean, if I were to say, "Man, the defense was stupid 5 years ago." Then I could see your point, D. But over the last 5 years, there hasn't been a huge over haul of the defense or the scheme until this year.

Or if I said that the defense was prone to mistakes 5 years ago, so it'll happen this year. Then I'd understand where you're going with this.

It's been a constant for a while now. No matter how much or how little turnover we've had.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still think you are making way more out of this than necessary. The idea that we were going to have no offseason OTA's or minicamps, then have two weeks of practices and show up for the first preseason game and see a flawless defensive performance when we've just installed one of the more complex defensive schemes wasa pipe dream.

And most of the mistakes from recent years wasnt from "dumb" players, it was from lack or preparation. The person responsible for that is no longer here.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I still think you are making way more out of this than necessary. The idea that we were going to have no offseason OTA's or minicamps, then have two weeks of practices and show up for the first preseason game and see a flawless defensive performance when we've just installed one of the more complex defensive schemes wasa pipe dream.

And most of the mistakes from recent years wasnt from "dumb" players, it was from lack or preparation. The person responsible for that is no longer here.

It's the preseason. Go out and tackle the fucker with the ball or cover him. this ain't rocket science right now. They don't implement that much in these games.

I take these games with a grain of salt when it comes to the starters. And, yes, most of the guys are the SAME starters as last season. Will we see mental errors in the beginning of the season? Yes, but, come Game 3, that shit better be gone.

It's football for crying out loud. KISS.

Top Bottom