bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ugh, this fraud of a team and their empty platitudes. get ready for the worst scenario: a shitty season and the whole gang coming back.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
stolen from the Zone:

from Sturm's article:

"The 515 total yards allowed? The 434 passing yards? The 500-400 club now has eight quarterbacks who have done it against the Cowboys since 1960. Billy Wade did the deed in 1962 win for the Bears and Warren Moon accomplished it in 1991, victoriously, for the Houston Oilers. The other six have done it against the Jason Garrett-coached Cowboys since 2011:

-- Eli Manning in a December 2011 win for New York.
-- Drew Brees in a December 2012 win for New Orleans.
-- Peyton Manning in an October 2013 win for Denver.
-- Matt Stafford in an October 2013 win for Detroit.
-- Kirk Cousins in a November 2016 loss for Washington.
-- Philip Rivers in a November 2017 win for Los Angeles.

Now, what about when you let the opposing passer go for 400 yards, the opposing offense for 500 and never sack him or force them to turn the ball over?

Friends, that has only happened three times in Cowboys history according to our friends at Pro Football Reference: against Brees and the Saints in 2012, Cousins and the Redskins on Thanksgiving Day in 2016 and Rivers yesterday"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"Garrett is one of nine head coaches who have been in their current post since the start of 2011, his first full season. Six have won Super Bowls and a seventh (Carolina's Ron Rivera) at least made the trip."

Garrett and Marvin Lewis are the other two coaches.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"Garrett is one of nine head coaches who have been in their current post since the start of 2011, his first full season. Six have won Super Bowls and a seventh (Carolina's Ron Rivera) at least made the trip."

Garrett and Marvin Lewis are the other two coaches.
Yep I posted this earlier.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I started this thread with the intention of making it about all the ridiculous records the Cowboys have set since jeri took over after running off jimmy but the thread title got changed

regardless, I was just reminded of another doozy and felt it needed to be included here:

The Houston Texans shocked their intrastate rivals (Dallas Cowboys) 19-10, becoming just the second expansion team ever to win their first game (after the Minnesota Vikings in 1961).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jesus, those new records of shame listed by Sturm... I didn't even think to check stuff like that. Incredible the amount of fail.

And to think, we are currently coming off the worst three game stretch in franchise history, but yet the coaching staff remains. The fans have to act now. The stadium has to start emptying out the longer Garrett stays. We can't be subject to this shit sandwich again next year. It isn't even at the level of bad pro football, it's comically historic fail.

Reaction score
And unfortunately, profootballreference.com is missing box scores for games in the 1920s so I can't 100% confirm that the 66 point differential in a 3 game stretch of 2nd halves is an NFL record. There are some teams who played a single game in the NFL and disappeared, and only three games have ever had one team score 70 points or more that I can find. It isn't looking likely that'll I'll find a worse three game stretch of the years I can 100% research.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Keenan Allen had a career best 172 yards receiving. Less than two weeks ago. Adrian Clayborn's 6 sacks was a career best, Cowboys record of shame (already mentioned), and a Falcons new team record.

Didn't they say the Chargers season high in yards was like 414 yards (the previous week vs Buffalo)

We outdid that by like 120 or so yards

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Friends, that has only happened three times in Cowboys history according to our friends at Pro Football Reference: against Brees and the Saints in 2012, Cousins and the Redskins on Thanksgiving Day in 2016 and Rivers yesterday"

Was that 2012 vs the Aints where they never punted once?

We matched that Thursday. Chargers never punted.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

tenor.gif

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For a second I thought there was a ray of hope when I saw team mouthpiece Mickey writing about the offensive futility.

Then I read the article and saw he was blaming it all on Zeke being gone. Pointed out these same coaches had the team at 5-3 after a three game winning streak.

Hope dead.

Reaction score
Was that 2012 vs the Aints where they never punted once?

We matched that Thursday. Chargers never punted.

It was the return of the Tampa 600 Kiffen Defense.

What is remarkable about this year is that we have managed to combine the Tampa 600 defense with the Weeden-Cassell Zilch offense during this stretch run. Absolute shit football on both sides of the ball. This thread proves it is not hyperbole to say this is the worst pro football we have ever seen.

Of course, when your staff consists of a HC that had no resume or work experience of note, and coordinators that formerly lead an 0-16 team, and 10 years of 6-10 records respectively, what would any reasonable person expect?

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey! Didn't someone here come up with these stats:

Top Bottom