GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chances are we are going to play the loser of this game in the WC round next week...if it were just that simple, the obvious answer is we would rather have Det lose and face them...since the winner is likely the 2 seed and we will be the 3 seed, we will likely have to face the winner in the divisional round if we advance if we beat the loser in the wild card round...

So would you rather face

Det at home
Then be @ GB

Or face

GB at home
Then be @ Det

I'm hoping we can go as far as possible...thus, I'd rather face GB in Dallas in the WC round rather than having to go to GB in the divisional round..

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't want Aaron Rodgers to face our secondary at any point. I could see him going 30 for 30, 400 yards, and 5 tds - targeting Brandon Carr on every drop back.

But he's beatable on the road, so I guess Detroit

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree. I think GB is the toughest opponent for us...but there is almost no chance we can avoid them

Reaction score
Id rather have the Cowboys play the Fudge Packers in Texas than having the Cowboys have to play the Fudgies in the Frozen Tundra. :cool

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Id rather have the Cowboys play the Fudge Packers in Texas than having the Cowboys have to play the Fudgies in the Frozen Tundra.
No way. If we play them I want it to be for the NFC title, in Lambeau, and have it be minus 30 - "Ice Bowl 2" and beat their asses. You kidding? You want GB to have the perfect climate controlled conditions Jerry-whirled offers?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the best path for us is to face the Packers here and Detroit at their place.

I know there's an argument to be made that Rodgers is better in a dome, but I don't want to put Tony's back in sub-freezing weather. Who knows how that would go.

Unfortunately, I'm sure the Packers win Sunday.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chances are we are going to play the loser of this game in the WC round next week...if it were just that simple, the obvious answer is we would rather have Det lose and face them...since the winner is likely the 2 seed and we will be the 3 seed, we will likely have to face the winner in the divisional round if we advance if we beat the loser in the wild card round...

So would you rather face

Det at home
Then be @ GB

Or face

GB at home
Then be @ Det

I'm hoping we can go as far as possible...thus, I'd rather face GB in Dallas in the WC round rather than having to go to GB in the divisional round..

What do you think?

Are you sure about this? Because if the Card lose, we may face them in the WC. The idea scenario would be for the Lions to win and the Cards to lose.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No way. If we play them I want it to be for the NFC title, in Lambeau, and have it be minus 30 - "Ice Bowl 2" and beat their asses. You kidding? You want GB to have the perfect climate controlled conditions Jerry-whirled offers?

I want the Lions first. Stafford is something like 1-23 against teams with a winning record, and 0-16 on the road against winning teams. Rather play them in Dallas, then go to Green Bay. I think our playing style will fit better in late January @Lambeau then Green Bays high powered O @Dallas.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I want the Lions first. Stafford is something like 1-23 against teams with a winning record, and 0-16 on the road against winning teams. Rather play them in Dallas, then go to Green Bay. I think our playing style will fit better in late January @Lambeau then Green Bays high powered O @Dallas.
I don't mind this.

On the other hand it WOULD be nice to go to Seattle to play for the NFC title - return to the scene of the crime as it were.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't mind this.

On the other hand it WOULD be nice to go to Seattle to play for the NFC title - return to the scene of the crime as it were.

We would play them in the NFCC if they made it that far.

Reaction score
It may sound silly, but I really like the fact that the Cowboys will (first) play the loser of the Lions - Packers game. When you think about it, it is almost always the opposite at this time of year ... you almost always play the winner, not the loser.

And that Lions - Packers game is going to be a very tough and intense game ... much different from the Cowbys game against the Redskins.

I'd prefer a Packers loss. If the Packers are playing their best, they are a bigger threat to make a postseason run than the Lions. If the Packers lose to the Lions, it'll mean that the Packers aren't playing their best. It is good news if the better team isn't playing its best.

The Lions don't have much playoff experience. It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions were to have a difficult time handling a bye week. It isn't so difficult to imagine them being one and done.

But if the Lions lose to the Packers, that'll be good too.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think I'd rather play Detroit at home.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Rodgers at home at Lambeau. I don't think he plays that well in the cold.

Top Bottom