ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sure they'll go after him. Hall just verbalized it, but they all think it and do it.

I think I'm more worried about Romo just being skittish. He's been that way a little bit the last couple of years when he's been banged up, and it may be worse now.

All the more reason to keep running the ball. I just hope Murray holds up, which I don't think he will. If he gets hurt, we might go back to Romo hero-ball again.

Reaction score
Oh for sure. Ginger is just salivating to go Air Coryell again. Shitty coaches usually ALWAYS remain shitty until the league finally purges them to some rando college and we never have to think about them again. Can't wait until the day that I accidentally click on ESPN 17 and see Ginger dialing up shotgun plays as OC of Wyoming Tech.

And yes, Wyoming Tech will be up by 3 with the love child of Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton as starting RB, and 2 mins left in the game as this is occurring.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Ginger is just salivating to go Air Coryell again. Shitty coaches usually ALWAYS remain shitty until the league finally purges them to some rando college and we never have to think about them again. Can't wait until the day that I accidentally click on ESPN 17 and see Ginger dialing up shotgun plays as OC of Wyoming Tech.
LOL

Reaction score

And yes, Wyoming Tech will be up by 3 with the love child of Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton as starting RB, and 2 mins left in the game as this is occurring.

:lol

But it'll be because Jason wanted to go back to college, not because Jerry forced him out.

#believewhatyouwant

Iamtdg

Reaction score

You mean, like Campo?

Reaction score
Nearly two weeks ago, a 6-foot-3, 240-pound Redskins linebacker sprinted, spun and drove his knee into the back of Tony Romo, the Cowboys’ quarterback.

That hit caused Romo’s back muscles to yank apart so hard that pieces of two vertebrae chipped and fractured in his lower back. That injury, most typically seen in auto or airplane accidents, did not threaten the stability of Romo’s spine. It did result in intense pain. And it takes six to eight weeks to begin to heal.

“I’ve had patients on the floor with this,” said the orthopedist John Bendo, a clinical professor at the New York University Langone Hospital for Joint Disease. “Two weeks later? Romo’s still in a lot of pain. A lot. It’s acute.”

Jones speaks with the sublime assurance of a man who just might have no idea what he was saying. Last December, Romo took a frightful hit and limped through the game. The next week, the Cowboys faced a top rival. “Pain won’t stop him,” Jones told reporters, who dutifully printed his forecast. Three days later, Romo underwent surgery for a herniated disk.

Romo is a terrific fourth-quarter quarterback, a warrior in the beloved military argot of the NFL. He has played with torn ligaments and broken bones and come back early from many injuries. He walked out stiffly to meet the press Thursday morning. “I mean, it’s sore,” he said. “It’s not a comfortable feeling.” Then he added, “Just normal stuff.”

He was lying. I called Dr. Frederick Azar, an orthopedic surgeon who is the team physician for the Memphis Grizzlies of the NBA and president of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.

“Romo’s still in the inflammatory stage; it takes three to four weeks just to calm the nerves and muscles down,” Azar said. “If he thinks he can go, OK, but he’s going to be in a lot of pain, you can't imagine.”

NFL mythmaking to the side, pain holds danger for a football player. It clouds his brain and slows his reactions. He recoils when he should cut away from a pursuing behemoth.

“If he makes a move, and hesitates even for a millisecond or two, he risks a much worse injury,” said Dr. Alfred O. Bonati, a well-known spinal surgeon. “He’s trying to play with a very painful injury.”

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm listening to some pregame college stuff and I had no idea until they talked about it, but Petty has had a terrible year so far. I wonder if that injury is why.

Maybe it's not as simple as taking a shot and you're fine.

Reaction score
All I know is, if you google our offensive highlights... most of them include Romo's spin move, and juking defenders.

Can he still do that with now two back injuries?

Top Bottom