C

Cr122

Posted by Rob Phillips at 8/13/2010 12:20 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

After taking three sacks on his first of two offensive series, Tony Romo later took off his pads as he watched the remainder of Thursday's 17-9 loss from the sidelines. The Pro Bowl quarterback might have been experiencing some stiffness in his back, but afterward told reporters he was fine.

As for those three sacks, Romo said one resulted from simply holding the ball too long. On another, two receivers bumped each other in the pattern. So while the offensive line will largely take the blame -- and whenever there are five sacks in one half, they'll have to shoulder some of it -- there were also some natural preseason imperfections in other areas.

Those will start getting corrected on the field Saturday in Oxnard, Calif., when the team resumes practice.

"Sometimes they stop you, sometimes they don't," Romo said. "But we have to get hands-on. We have to find a way to improve our execution. And we will."

C

Cr122

Okay, I'll blame Tony for one sack, but the offensive line is playing horrible and deserves a lot of the blame.

If it get's corrected by next game then maybe we'll manage, but I highly doubt it.

Reaction score
Posted by Rob Phillips at 8/13/2010 12:20 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

After taking three sacks on his first of two offensive series, Tony Romo later took off his pads as he watched the remainder of Thursday's 17-9 loss from the sidelines. The Pro Bowl quarterback might have been experiencing some stiffness in his back, but afterward told reporters he was fine.

As for those three sacks, Romo said one resulted from simply holding the ball too long. On another, two receivers bumped each other in the pattern. So while the offensive line will largely take the blame -- and whenever there are five sacks in one half, they'll have to shoulder some of it -- there were also some natural preseason imperfections in other areas.

Those will start getting corrected on the field Saturday in Oxnard, Calif., when the team resumes practice.

"Sometimes they stop you, sometimes they don't," Romo said. "But we have to get hands-on. We have to find a way to improve our execution. And we will."

That was very uncharacteristic of him to go down so easy. It was like watching Jim Everett in the '89 NFC Championship game. I know Romo will show us more when what matters is on the line.

C

Cr122

That was very uncharacteristic of him to go down so easy. It was like watching Jim Everett in the '89 NFC Championship game. I know Romo will show us more when what matters is on the line.

We hope.

I haven't seen this bad of performance in a while from this offense.

Did you watch the game at all? If so you know what I am talking about.

All the QBs seemed to be running for their life. It looked like they never recovered from the Minnesota game.

Top Bottom