Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only guarantees in life"

Death
Taxes
Romo & Witten talking about the Super Bowl during the offseason

I've never heard a QB talk about SB's as much as Romo and the guy hasn't even sniffed one. It's maddening and I just want him to STFU and play.

Reaction score
Follow me here.

A few years ago when Von Miller was a draft prospect, a poster at KFFL (j-pizzle) made a comment that if Dallas were to draft Von Miller to rush opposite Ware, "it would not even be fair for the rest of the league".

I think there might be something similar if Dallas were to get Myles Jack to be paired with the human adverb, Sean Lee.
As a matter of fact, what happens if the draft yields for Dallas a very good LB, very good DB, and excellent NT? Dallas reworks the secondary into a functional unit with decent coverage and tackling skills....what if Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford, Irving and new NT fire on all cylinders with Lee and new rookie LB (Jack) behind them. Starting toward the end of 2015 season, the defense was definitely and palpably developing into something. We are all still waiting for Gregory, Lawrence, and Byron Jones to match their hype and talent. We know, barring injury, what Lee, Crawford, and Scandrick can do. The defense is, without question, a group that is hungry to get better; they have a cathedral ceiling that they are no where even near. They are also an independent unit charged with Marinellis energy. Marinelli tries many formations and strategies throughout a game. They are obviously attempting to be multiple strengths functioning as one.

Follow me here: the O-line and the running game are very much similar to the defense. They know they need work and toward the middle of the season until week 16, they were gradually improving. The ceiling is very high for the running system and game after game, there was a desperation to figure out why '14 worked and now it's not. 2015 was a sobering slap in the face that despite all the acclaim for the O-line and running game,the running system is a group of multiple strengths that still need a great deal of organizing and coaching to function as one. It is not just about draft picks and previous success.

But in contrast the passing game is set up to be only Romo. It's really not going to get better without change. Linehan said he doesn't call plays as much as gives suggestions and he said that the playbook is not his, it's Jason's. But since 2007, the passing playbook is the same. The system is the same. Its ordained by the coach to be only Romo's singular strength driving the group.

But what happens if the passing game has very little change except decline, (like 33 sacks, 25 TDs and 11 interceptions 3500 yards and 23/40 average completions and 1 game missed because of injury) but the running game and defense who are truly exclusive units away from the interest and influence of Garrett, carry the team into the playoffs despite the disintegrating passing game? Does that become credit to Garrett as coach? I ask because the every aspect of the Cowboys is currently in desperate repair and attempting invention to develop the players like Byron Jones or Gregory or Lawrence or find a RB or make sure that DMC is still viable. There is desperation and urgency everywhere on the team.

Everywhere except one place.

The passing system.

The coach will not change the system. He refuses to allow change to his playbook.

But if the defense and running game elevate despite the passing system, what happens?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Follow me here.

A few years ago when Von Miller was a draft prospect, a poster at KFFL (j-pizzle) made a comment that if Dallas were to draft Von Miller to rush opposite Ware, "it would not even be fair for the rest of the league".

I think there might be something similar if Dallas were to get Myles Jack to be paired with the human adverb, Sean Lee.

So you believe that Myles Jack will be some great MLB?

Based on what?

I get that he is an insane athlete. And if I was getting a guy ala Derrick Brooks for this scheme, I could understand the idea how "it wouldn't be fair".

Reaction score
Except Sean Lee will go his usual 3 games next season and then sit out 10 with a severe concussion. I'm surprised he wasn't the first pro bowl injury ever.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Based on what?

I get that he is an insane athlete. And if I was getting a guy ala Derrick Brooks for this scheme, I could understand the idea how "it wouldn't be fair".

Personally I think Myles Jack will be an amazing LB if his knee holds up. Injury concerns are the only thing that keep him from being worthy of a top 5 pick in my opinion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Based on what?

I think he's going to be a really good player, but I don't want us to draft him with the 4th pick

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't blame Tony for being confident in himself and thinking he'd make the difference.

I do wish that publicly, he'd say something along the lines of, "Even if I'd been healthy there's no guarantee we'd have been as good as the year before. We all need to have the mindset that we're starting from scratch, that we're an undertalented team that needs to overachieve if we want to even have a chance."

Basically, Jerry and Jason are selling the injury excuse. I wish Tony as our best player and a team leader had taken the chance to fight that a little bit.

Fight the PR battle a little better? It won't matter.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Follow me here.

As a matter of fact, what happens if the draft yields for Dallas a very good LB, very good DB, and excellent NT? Dallas reworks the secondary into a functional unit with decent coverage and tackling skills....what if Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford, Irving and new NT fire on all cylinders with Lee and new rookie LB (Jack) behind them. Starting toward the end of 2015 season, the defense was definitely and palpably developing into something. We are all still waiting for Gregory, Lawrence, and Byron Jones to match their hype and talent. We know, barring injury, what Lee, Crawford, and Scandrick can do. The defense is, without question, a group that is hungry to get better; they have a cathedral ceiling that they are no where even near. They are also an independent unit charged with Marinellis energy. Marinelli tries many formations and strategies throughout a game. They are obviously attempting to be multiple strengths functioning as one.

Follow me here: the O-line and the running game are very much similar to the defense. They know they need work and toward the middle of the season until week 16, they were gradually improving. The ceiling is very high for the running system and game after game, there was a desperation to figure out why '14 worked and now it's not. 2015 was a sobering slap in the face that despite all the acclaim for the O-line and running game,the running system is a group of multiple strengths that still need a great deal of organizing and coaching to function as one. It is not just about draft picks and previous success.

But in contrast the passing game is set up to be only Romo. It's really not going to get better without change. Linehan said he doesn't call plays as much as gives suggestions and he said that the playbook is not his, it's Jason's. But since 2007, the passing playbook is the same. The system is the same. Its ordained by the coach to be only Romo's singular strength driving the group.

But what happens if the passing game has very little change except decline, (like 33 sacks, 25 TDs and 11 interceptions 3500 yards and 23/40 average completions and 1 game missed because of injury) but the running game and defense who are truly exclusive units away from the interest and influence of Garrett, carry the team into the playoffs despite the disintegrating passing game? Does that become credit to Garrett as coach? I ask because the every aspect of the Cowboys is currently in desperate repair and attempting invention to develop the players like Byron Jones or Gregory or Lawrence or find a RB or make sure that DMC is still viable. There is desperation and urgency everywhere on the team.

Everywhere except one place.

The passing system.

The coach will not change the system. He refuses to allow change to his playbook.

But if the defense and running game elevate despite the passing system, what happens?

I think you need to get laid. Too much dreaming.

Top Bottom