Reaction score
The Cowboys understand the Giants are not the same team they beat 24-17 in the season opener.

They understand the Giants are playing well now and the only reason they had success in the season opener was because the Giants beat themselves.

At least that's the message defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is getting out of New York and that's the one he selling to him to his team for motivational purposes heading into Sunday's rematch at Cowboys Stadium.

"I understand we played the Giants before and the only reason we stopped them was their lack of execution," Ryan said. "It had nothing to do with our players or our scheme. That’s been well documented. That was said. They give a lot of credit where credit is due, and it’s just because of their lack of execution. We got the message, we understand that. That’ll be great. We’re looking forward to that challenge. They’re the Super Bowl champs. We’ve given them nothing but respect. They’ve hung a million yards up on us before. Then when we played them the first game of the year, they just had a bad day."

So where did you hear that the Giants self-destructed in the opener: "I hear it, I got big ears and I hear things after the game and I was like, ‘That’s a bunch of bull shit, but its ok we’ll find out.’," Ryan said.

So have you mentioned this to your team this week: "I wouldn’t say that, I wouldn’t say anything like that," Ryan said tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...srespect-card-to-his-team-.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction score
History has shown that when Ryan talks about being prepared.... we're usually not.

See "kicking Eagle ass" & "we're OVERprepared for Baltimores no-huddle attack."

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's the thing though we keep wanting our team to have an attitude and show some fight...at least this guy gets it. And he's always gonna keep coming no matter how many times he's wrong or we get embarassed. He's confident and cocky and whether it's misplaced or not doesn't make a difference to him.

Jets players responded to that mentality from his brother immediately. It's cooled off, mostly because the Jets might have the worst personnel dept. in the NFL, but still. Our players are just like that's nice Rob we're just gonna stay mellow thanks.

Reaction score
He is taking a page out of the Giants motivational handbook. Better than the ole “stack days on top of days” motto.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
this is good. we never get to play this motivational ploy....and when we do garrett talks about his house down the street from the meadowlands or something.

this is the kind of thing I have been waiting to hear from one of our coaches for years......

I am starting to be really positive about sunday. Romo is due to breakout for a big one and if this defense has been hearing nothing but the giants beat themselves in week 1 then I am even more positive.

this is very rare for our team to able to out coughlin motivate coughlin's team.......coughlin must have put the edict out to be polite and kill them with kindness this week after kiwi, tuck and bennett ran there mouths before last game.....the giants have been complimenting our players all week which we all know is complete bullshit and obviously a ploy from coughlin.

so I love that ryan did this. We need more of this and less of fans and coaches to keep saying it has nothing to do with the game because motivation/momentum are huge parts of sports whether people want to believe it or not.

Crawford tweeted on thursday giants week, enough said....or something to that effect......for a rookie to have that mindset tells me flat out ryan has been beating this they dont respect you and beat themselves in week 1 card over there head. I love it.

if our corners play great there is no reason we cant win this game. manning throws the ball up for grabs all the time, we need that expensive secondary to find a way to catch a few.....and they need to make sure mcray is not left alone deep with anyone....

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh. This is sooooo high school. If anyone has the right to play the "disrespect" card, it's the Giants, thanks mainly to Jerry's big mouth. If Ryan had any balls he'd predict a win, like JJ in '93.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ugh. This is sooooo high school. If anyone has the right to play the "disrespect" card, it's the Giants, thanks mainly to Jerry's big mouth. If Ryan had any balls he'd predict a win, like JJ in '93.

whatever.

the giants already used that one for motivation and it didnt work. That is why they are talking this week the same way they did before the playoff game in 07, saying overly nice things which we know they dont actually believe....Coughling must have put the hammer down and demanded it after all the shit they said before the last game.

and what bradshaw did in week 1 was way more disrespectful than what old man jones said at a pep rally......but of course you dont acknowledge that nor would you ever because its not a negative towards dallas.

but yes I already know your response so spare me, and yes they are the better team and will probably win sunday so have no fear you can be happy as can be that we lost again.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
whatever.

the giants already used that one for motivation and it didnt work. That is why they are talking this week the same way they did before the playoff game in 07, saying overly nice things which we know they dont actually believe....Coughling must have put the hammer down and demanded it after all the shit they said before the last game.

and what bradshaw did in week 1 was way more disrespectful than what old man jones said at a pep rally......but of course you dont acknowledge that nor would you ever because its not a negative towards dallas.

but yes I already know your response so spare me, and yes they are the better team and will probably win sunday so have no fear you can be happy as can be that we lost again.

A classic Zone trope. Crawl back there, turd.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A classic Zone trope. Crawl back there, turd.

truth hurts.

and as usual ignore the bradshaw thing but promote the negative jerry thing.

and I can post on the zone if i feel like it because I am not a tard and get banned on internet forums.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol

glorydays I accidentally removed your post.......

but here is what bradshaw did.

bradshaw-blocking-intro.jpg

went to the corner we were coming out of and knelt down right in front of our team and made them go around him during there intro's in week 1. Completely dumb and childish but intentional.

here is the vid at the 29 second mark you can see it.

[video=youtube;EEwfe88Urmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwfe88Urmc[/video]

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Somebody should have run than idiot over

imagine if A dallas player did that?

it would have been the topic of this entire week. Since it was bradshaw and doesnt play into the narrative when we play them which is dictated by the ny writers, there has never been a peep about it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
truth hurts.

What truth? Slamming Ryan for a silly psychological ploy means I revel in Dallas defeats? You either need a good shrink or an elementary course in logic.

and as usual ignore the bradshaw thing but promote the negative jerry thing.

I ignore Bradshaw because I have no idea what his motivations were, and neither do you. Guys pray on the field all the time. He wasn't harassing our guys as they filed out of the tunnel.

and I can post on the zone if i feel like it because I am not a tard and get banned on internet forums.

Homers rarely get thrown out of Dallas forums, so stop patting yourself on the back.

Top Bottom