Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What exactly is it telling of?

Averaging a guys ranking for 2 years and comparing it to a guy like Wade Phillips who has coached for two decades?

A comparison like this assumes that all things between teams are equal. Players, schedules, ownership. It's all equal except coaching.

Something tells me if you had to be a DC on a team and faced Peyton Manning or Tom Brady two times per year, you're numbers would be significantly lower than if it was Brady Quinn.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What exactly is it telling of?

Averaging a guys ranking for 2 years and comparing it to a guy like Wade Phillips who has coached for two decades?

A comparison like this assumes that all things between teams are equal. Players, schedules, ownership. It's all equal except coaching.

Something tells me if you had to be a DC on a team and faced Peyton Manning or Tom Brady two times per year, you're numbers would be significantly lower than if it was Brady Quinn.

There's alot of guys with alot of years served on there. Ryan's worse than everyone on the list except one.

But go on, keep making excuses for the fattard.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would have liked it to have shown the numbers for turnovers and sacks as well.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There's alot of guys with alot of years served on there. Ryan's worse than everyone on the list except one.

But go on, keep making excuses for the fattard.

Jack Del Rio.....best DC EVER!!!!!!

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
More names on that list than just him though, arnt there?

My point was that Del Rio only has 2 years of service and there are likely names behind him that would be picked as a DC before him.

Based on Dallas having a Top 5 offense after 2007, would you hire Jason Garrett? How about now?

It's not about making excuses for Rob either. It is possible to admit that Rob had a shitty hand dealt to him while also acknowledging that you expected more in certain aspects. Objectivity, try it out sometime.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My point was that Del Rio only has 2 years of service and there are likely names behind him that would be picked as a DC before him.

Based on Dallas having a Top 5 offense after 2007, would you hire Jason Garrett? How about now?

It's not about making excuses for Rob either. It is possible to admit that Rob had a shitty hand dealt to him while also acknowledging that you expected more in certain aspects. Objectivity, try it out sometime.

Rob's been a victim his entire career Hoof. You are right.

He just isnt a good DC. he's been mediocre to bad everywhere he's been. It isnt a coincidence or a conspiracy against him. He just isnt as bright as his brother or father is when it coms to running a defense.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Rob's been a victim his entire career Hoof. You are right.

He just isnt a good DC. he's been mediocre to bad everywhere he's been. It isnt a coincidence or a conspiracy against him. He just isnt as bright as his brother or father is when it coms to running a defense.

Is it a burden to always have ALL the answers?

Top Bottom