Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's the life of a backup NFL Qb.
I'm with everlasting on this... At 22 years old I was still partying my ass off. Not that it's an excuse for Manziel but at least it seems like he's realizing he needs to grow up fast and is trying to fix that.
This does parallel somewhat with Favre's days at Atlanta. Other than of course, Favre didn't have the huge hype machine Manziel has, nor did he have anything close to the microscope on him Manziel has. Or the money either.

But they're both party boys just there for the fun, at first.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This does parallel somewhat with Favre's days at Atlanta. Other than of course, Favre didn't have the huge hype machine Manziel has, nor did he have anything close to the microscope on him Manziel has. Or the money either.

But they're both party boys just there for the fun, at first.

Never mind the fact one guy is a shrimp with a pop gun arm and the other was a bigger guy with a cannon

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether there is a clause against him drinking or being an alcoholic in his contract, or is that just some good ole shit throwing?
Isn't one of the substances they test for in the NFL's substance abuse program, alcohol?

Of course I haven't the first clue what would be in a player contract but it seems not being a drunk dumbass would be a no brainer if I was giving some kid millions of bucks. So I just, assume.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I do still chuckle though every time I remember how Manziel was reported to have been texting GMs and coaches during the draft, telling them to draft him so "we can tear this league up."

Hahahahahahahaha

Reaction score
Isn't one of the substances they test for in the NFL's substance abuse program, alcohol?
nope

Of course I haven't the first clue what would be in a player contract but it seems not being a drunk dumbass would be a no brainer if I was giving some kid millions of bucks. So I just, assume.
You know what they say happens when you assume.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You know what they say happens when you assume.
Yeah, I find out they're really stupid enough to give some idiot midget millions without any assurances he's not a drunk, or any recourse when we find out he is.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, maybe he and Josh can get together in rehab and finally get some practice in.

Top Bottom