Reaction score
Report: DeMarco Murray feels Chip Kelly broke promises

Eagles running back DeMarco Murray reportedly told owner Jeffrey Lurie that coach Chip Kelly has broken promises that were made while the Eagles were trying to convince Murray to sign with them in March.

Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Murray, who sat down with Lurie to air grievances on the team flight home from Sunday’s win at New England, believes that Kelly has broken the promises that Kelly made to him during the free agent recruiting process.

According to the report, Murray thinks he isn’t a good fit in Kelly’s offense and that changes haven’t been made to accommodate Murray’s running style. Murray thinks it’s “strange” that he didn’t play much on Sunday.

What’s actually “strange” is that Murray can’t grasp why he’s been demoted: He’s been the least effective running back on the Eagles this season. All three of the other running backs on the Eagles’ depth chart — Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles and Kenjon Barner — have outplayed Murray this year. What’s really strange is that it took Kelly until Week 13 to demote Murray. Kelly should have done this months ago.

More to the point, Kelly never should have signed Murray in the first place. It’s clear that Murray is not a good fit in Kelly’s offense.

If Kelly made promises to Murray about changing his offense in an effort to get Murray to sign, then that was foolish of Kelly: A coach who promises a player something and fails to deliver is just asking for locker room discord. But if Murray doesn’t grasp that his own poor play is the reason he’s been demoted, then that’s foolish of Murray.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just shut the fuck up and collect your checks, asshole. You got your guaranteed money and your financial security.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that he's making those comments to piss off Lurie so that the Eagles cut him. The motive being that he wants to make his way back to Dallas.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
i don't really want him back.

I just hope it continues to be a clusterfuck situation for the Eagles.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't even see what he's mad about. It's not like he's been so great he couldn't be taken off the field.

And we all knew that either by injury or by design, he wouldn't duplicate last season, or even come close. I guess when you're young and in the middle of it you think you're the exception, but you really aren't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He got his money. He got his security. Now he needs a nice steaming mug of shudafukup juice and close his dicktrap. Collect the checks, asshat.

Top Bottom