C

Cr122

Updated: August 21, 2010, 12:41 AM ET
Report: Brett Favre will start Sunday

ESPN.com news services

Brett Favre will resume right where he left off.

Favre will start in the Vikings' second preseason game Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Friday.

AFC North blog

Walker ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Favre will play a series or two, ideally about 10 snaps.

"That's about all he needs right now and all he's ready for right now," Childress said

Favre returned to the Vikings on Tuesday after spending much of the summer debating a return to the NFL after offseason surgery on his left ankle.

He first practiced with the team on Wednesday and by all accounts, has looked fine.

"I think he's doing a good job of rounding into it," Childress said. "We haven't chased him around yet. We're saving that for later."

Childress told The Star Tribune that Tarvaris Jackson will enter the game after Favre and play past halftime, followed by Sage Rosenfels.

Favre has said this will be his 20th and final season.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
"Favre has said this will be his 20th and final season."

Then he will start several straight seasons of "I'm making a comeback,wait,no I'm not"

C

Cr122

"Favre has said this will be his 20th and final season."

Then he will start several straight seasons of "I'm making a comeback,wait,no I'm not"

lol Yup, I'll believe it when it's official.

He's the Media Drama Queen of the NFL.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
After reading Peter Kings "Monday Morning Quarterback",I find myself wondering,"Do Wilf and Childress actually have to fellate

Favre themselves,do they just let the media take care of it,or does the team actually have people on call to blow Brett?"

I guess it doesn't matter as long as we all recognize Brett Favre is "THE GREATEST QB WHO EVER LIVED"

Top Bottom