Reaction score
The Washington Redskins want a second-round pick in the NFL draft if they are going to trade backup quarterback Kirk Cousins, Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports. This according to a person familiar with the team’s planning.

It’s not clear how active the Redskins’ trade discussions with other teams regarding Cousins are at this point, or what other clubs might be willing to surrender in a trade for him. It also is not known if Redskins officials will remain adamant about wanting to receive a second-round choice for Cousins or if the team ultimately might be willing to part with him for a lesser compensation package.

Cousins was a fourth-round choice in 2012 and has spent two seasons as Griffin’s backup. He started the Redskins’ final three games last season after Mike Shanahan, the team’s former coach, ended Griffin’s season early, saying he wanted to avoid the possibility of Griffin being hurt again.

---------------

I'd make that trade today.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Romo were about one year older, I would too. I'm pretty surprised they aren't at least throwing it out there that they'd like a first.

Reaction score
If Romo were about one year older, I would too. I'm pretty surprised they aren't at least throwing it out there that they'd like a first.
Agreed. Why not just say you want a first? lol

Unless of course they've already talked to other teams and they're only saying he's worth a 4th or something

Reaction score
A well run team wouldn't trade a 2nd. The Cowboys fuck up 2nd rounders on the reg, so it would make sense here.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
please. any thought of a second rounder went bye bye when he stunk it up against Dallas and the Giants

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah they have to be realistic. I'm sure they want someobody to take him, because they dont want the pressure on their sacred cow RGknee.

Nobody is gonna give up a first for him, and nobody is likely to give up a second for him either. My guess is they'd run over themselves if someone gave them a 3rd.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
please. any thought of a second rounder went bye bye when he stunk it up against Dallas and the Giants

Would you rather have a scrub TE riding the bench or a potential long term starter at QB?

Or worse, we could trade it again for a retarded cornerback who sucks at everything he possibly can.

Reaction score
Yeah they have to be realistic. I'm sure they want someobody to take him, because they dont want the pressure on their sacred cow RGknee.

Nobody is gonna give up a first for him, and nobody is likely to give up a second for him either. My guess is they'd run over themselves if someone gave them a 3rd.

I'd keep him if I was the Redskins if they were only offered a 3rd.

Why waste a fourth round pick if all you can get is a third rounder two drafts later? That doesn't seem like good value to me.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Would you rather have a scrub TE riding the bench or a potential long term starter at QB?

Or worse, we could trade it again for a retarded cornerback who sucks at everything he possibly can.

We're not gonna trade a second rounder for a guy who won't be playing regularly. Any team that forks over a second will make that guy their starter.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We're not gonna trade a second rounder for a guy who won't be playing regularly. Any team that forks over a second will make that guy their starter.

We're talking about Jerry here. We use 2nd rounders as bench warmers all the time.

Reaction score
We're not gonna trade a second rounder for a guy who won't be playing regularly.

2nd Round Picks the last ten years.

Let me know when you find one who plays or played regularly.

7357356.jpg

NS_30COWSTOCKA_34008078-620x756.jpg

1388084549000-USP-NFL-Dallas-Cowboys-at-San-Diego-Chargers.jpg

giants15s-1-web.jpg

I0022942.jpg

burnett.jpg

SBJ200811171001-02.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of those guys were/are starters, and even guys like Bennett saw a lot of playing time. And they were drafted because there were openings at their respective positions. No such luck with the QB position in Dallas.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A lot of those guys were/are starters, and even guys like Bennett saw a lot of playing time. And they were drafted because there were openings at their respective positions. No such luck with the QB position in Dallas.

There hasn't been an opening at the tight end position since Witten got here, yet we've taken 3 tight ends in the second round who all mostly just rode the bench.

The only one out of that group worth the 2nd rounder was Lee. Bruce Carter is the laziest player I've ever seen, Kevin Burnett immediately said he was a 49ers fan after we drafted him and he never worked out, Bennett was a fucking moron who couldn't catch, Fasano was hardly used, and Escobar had like 5 snaps last year. I do think Escobar will be good though. I think he might be better than Witten one day even. So you could say he was worth a 2nd if that's the case.

Oh, and Julius Jones sucked. I'm so glad we passed on Stephen Jackson.

Last edited:
Reaction score

What Jon said.

Also.... our QB is 52 years old and has had more back surgeries than Sacamano has had female sexual partners in the past year.

Take the young QB and groom him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
There hasn't been an opening at the tight end position since Witten got here, yet we've taken 3 tight ends in the second round who all mostly just rode the bench.

not every guy drafted in the 2nd has to start. with Bennett, there was an opening for a blocking TE or someone to pair with Jason in two TE sets

Reaction score
Okay bbgun.... lemme ask you this.... would you rather take Cousins at a 2nd now? Or trust Jerry and boys to find our next QB once Romo dies of back surgery in a year or two?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
not every guy drafted in the 2nd has to start. with Bennett, there was an opening for a blocking TE or someone to pair with Jason in two TE sets

Right, if you're a team like the Patriots. The Cowboys don't have the luxury of taking backups in the 2nd round. It's been 20 years since they've had that luxury.

When you have holes all over your roster because you screw up almost every draft you don't take a second tight end in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom