Reaction score
Redskins' Stephen Bowen: Cowboys won't miss a beat if they have to start Jon Kitna

:wha?

By
Jon Machota / Special Contributor

According to a player that suited up for the Cowboys last season, not having Tony Romo take the field Monday night is not something the Cowboys won't be able to overcome.

"I don't think they miss a beat at all, honestly," Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen recently told The Washington Post. "When Jon Kitna was in there, he did a great job. A lot of guys respond to him. I think he honestly could probably start for a lot of teams in this league still.

"If Romo is to get hurt or anything like that, we can't just be lackadaisical and say Kitna can't get it done. I think he's still a great quarterback."

Bowen signed a five-year, $27.5 million free agent contract with the Redskins in July. He spent the first five seasons of his career with the Cowboys, where he started 11 games at defensive end.

"Romo's a mentally tough guy," Bowen added. "He's a good guy to play around. He studies a lot of film. He gets a bad rap sometimes, but I was around the guy. I've seen him work hard every day. To see him come back in the game [last Sunday], it wasn't surprising to me."

Reaction score
This fool has been a skin for 2 games and he's already lost mind....We won't miss a beat with Kitna :wha?

Reaction score
I will say Kitna is getting totally overrated. My dad was talking him up the whole game and he comes in and pulls a Romo(lolomgromothrowspix). Hes gotten this crazy rep lately.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Yep, not like Bowen wouldn't know "anything" about these two QBs. Naw, all of the ARMCHAIR QB's in here know better..

lol

clowns.

Top Bottom