Reaction score
Redskins' Santana Moss on Cowboys: 'Without that star, it's almost like it ain't football'

4:55 PM on Thu., Sep. 22, 2011 | Permalink

Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss, who has had his share of big days against the Cowboys in recent years, told Mike Jones of the Washington Post that the most important part of Monday night's showdown with the Cowboys is to get a win over an NFC East team.

"Dallas is Dallas. We see them twice a year," Moss said. "You get up for them the first time and get up for them a little more the second time. That's how this division is, regardless of if it's Dallas or whoever it is, it's a big game."

Yet, Moss understands what playing Dallas means in Washington D.C. In fact, as a Cowboys fan growing up himself, he can't put the significance of the rivalry aside.

"We know what Dallas means to everybody else in the world, because without that star, it's almost like it ain't football," Moss said. "But Dallas has been one of those teams I watched as a kid. I've always been a fan of them, so when it's time to play them and share that stage with them, something a little more extra comes out of you. You don't really know what it is, but it is."

Reaction score
The Cowboys made his career of course he's got nothing but good things to say.

I know statistically he's had his best numbers against us, but I have to be honest, outside of that 2005 game, I really don't remember anything incredible from him. In fact, I think Newman has held him in check pretty well whenever they matched up.

Now, that said, you might remember it differently. I'll always love Antonio Bryant because during his short stay with us, he always destroyed Fred Smoot when we'd play you guys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know statistically he's had his best numbers against us, but I have to be honest, outside of that 2005 game, I really don't remember anything incredible from him. In fact, I think Newman has held him in check pretty well whenever they matched up.

Now, that said, you might remember it differently. I'll always love Antonio Bryant because during his short stay with us, he always destroyed Fred Smoot when we'd play you guys.

What...? No love for Quincy Carter?:sneaky:

He was undefeated against the Redskins.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I think since 2005 he's had 100 yards every season barring 2006 against the Cowboys, but nobody remembers because so many of those games were meaningless.

If there was a "Players who destroyed Fred Smoot Club" they'd have to hold their meetings in an arena.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is that true? I thought Newman has been keeping him in check.

Is this one of those 80% of facts are created on the spot kinda things?

It's not true. Since 2005, Moss had only three 100 yard games. He didn't have any at all last year against the Cowboys in both meetings, nor the year before (2009).

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is that true? I thought Newman has been keeping him in check.

Is this one of those 80% of facts are created on the spot kinda things?

Newman doesn't keep anyone in check but somehow he's "awesome."

Top Bottom