Reaction score
The Redskins played some very banged up teams during their 7 game win streak down the stretch last season

Jun 8th, 2013
by Jimmy Kempski.

The Redskins’ road to the division title last season was fueled by an improbable, yet impressive 7 game win streak to close the season. I don’t want to take anything away from what the Redskins accomplished during that run. However, with the exception of the Giants and Browns games, it should be noted that the Skins were playing teams that were absolutely devastated by injuries (noteworthy absences listed below).

The Redskins themselves played most of the season without Brian Orakpo, a large chunk of it without Fred Davis, and if you want to consider Adam Carriker and Brandon Meriweather significant losses (I don’t with Carriker, Meriweather is debatable), then that is your prerogative. RG3 of course missed Week 15 against a bad Browns team, and 7 snaps vs the Ravens.

The Skins weren’t completely devoid of injuries themselves, but those above losses pale in comparison to what some of the teams they faced had to deal with on the injury front:

Week 11:
■Michael Vick
■Jason Peters
■Jason Kelce
■Todd Herremans
■Jason Avant

Week 12:
■DeMarco Murray
■Tyron Smith
■Phil Costa
■Miles Austin (only played 11 snaps)
■Jay Ratliff
■Sean Lee
■Barry Church

Week 13:
■Kenny Phillips
■David Diehl
■Jason Pierre-Paul (played, did not start, back)

Week 14:
■Ray Lewis
■Terrell Suggs
■Lardarius Webb
■Dannell Ellerbe

Week 15
■Nobody of significance.

Week 16:
■Michael Vick
■Jason Peters
■Jason Kelce
■Todd Herremans
■DeSean Jackson

Week 17:
■Phil Costa
■Miles Austin (only played 18 snaps)
■Jay Ratliff
■DeMarcus Ware (only played 34 snaps)
■Sean Lee
■Bruce Carter
■Ernie Sims
■Orlando Scandrick
■Barry Church

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So Adam Carricker who played very well in 2011 isn't considered a major injury but Phil Costa (who gets ridiculed here) is? Will Montgomery also missed a few games and Trent Williams missed most of Cincinnati game. Sorry but this "article" could not be more pointless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So Adam Carricker who played very well in 2011 isn't considered a major injury but Phil Costa (who gets ridiculed here) is? Will Montgomery also missed a few games and Trent Williams missed most of Cincinnati game. Sorry but this "article" could not be more pointless.
This article points out you played a lot of very injured teams, not just one guy but in almost every case at least 4 starters.
Redskins fans never change.

Go back to extreme skins a e-blow RGIII

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This article points out you played a lot of very injured teams, not just one guy but in almost every case at least 4 starters.
Redskins fans never change.

Go back to extreme skins a e-blow RGIII

I get what the article points out but it's even more pointless than your response to my post. I don't need your permission to post here.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Yeah, the article is shit.

I'd rather lose Ernie Sims, Scandrick and Costa than lose a player like Carriker.

Merriweather......not a big loss. Barry Church.......worth noting.

Article sucks.

Reaction score
WTF is this? The Zone?

Back when we opened the forum we decided to let Rival fans post here at least until we get more than 10 regular users. Then we'd shit can them.

Losing Theebs and Superpunk put us back down to 7, so it might be a while.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just don't get how this guy can spot articles that are negative in their attitudes towards the Redskins. He never posts, there aren't many posted here, and then all of a sudden he's like, "hold on a minute there!".

How...doesss...he do it?

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just don't get how this guy can spot articles that are negative in their attitudes towards the Redskins. He never posts, there aren't many posted here, and then all of a sudden he's like, "hold on a minute there!".

How...doesss...he do it?

I posted a lot during the season. What else is there to talk about now?

BTW if an admin thinks I did something banable I won't be here.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I'd rather lose Ernie Sims, Scandrick and Costa than lose a player like Carriker.

Article sucks.

Agreed on Merriweather no idea what he did to inspire so much confidence among Redskins fans.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Back when we opened the forum we decided to let Rival fans post here at least until we get more than 10 regular users. Then we'd shit can them.

Losing Theebs and Superpunk put us back down to 7, so it might be a while.

SP and Theebs. What happened?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Article sucks.

Why? Losing Carriker would be like losing Marcus Spears: just another JAG or interchangeable part.

Reaction score
I actually like to see other teams fans post here. Granted I'm not at all sympathetic towards the Foreskins as a team.

However, I think we need to treat other team fans with enough respect and consideration to keep them coming back, in hopes of keeping the forum interesting.

Keep up the good posting, BangersandMash.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
Top Bottom