Reaction score
@Russellmania980
Yikes...Dr. Dreese at Univ of Md. tells WAPO that LCL surgery and rehab could take 8-12 months & could be longer than ACL rehab.

U-Md. Athletics Dr. Dreese to WAPO "length of the rehabilitation depends on whether the ligament can be repaired surgically, or requires..."a more extensive reconstruction using a graft from another part of the body or a cadaver." #Redskins

Last edited:
Reaction score
John Keim‏@john_keim

Just talked to an ortho surgeon; he said LCL tears never happen in isolation. "Highly unusual." #Redskins #RG3

@john_keim
So he expects Dr. Andrews to find another tear when they do surgery on #RG3... An opinion based on experience.

Reaction score
@CHICKatCSN
Team source tells me RGIII will have surgery tomorrow to repair torn LCL. They can't tell right now if the tear is completely off the bone.

Team source also says they will check the ACL which suffered a previous tear in 2009. The LCL appears to be worse than first MRI suggested.

Reaction score
@CHICKatCSN
Team source tells me RGIII will have surgery tomorrow to repair torn LCL. They can't tell right now if the tear is completely off the bone.

Team source also says they will check the ACL which suffered a previous tear in 2009. The LCL appears to be worse than first MRI suggested.

The life of a running QB will always be short in this league, bless the little ugly guy for trying though...

Reaction score
John Keim‏@john_keim

Just talked to an ortho surgeon; he said LCL tears never happen in isolation. "Highly unusual." #Redskins #RG3

@john_keim
So he expects Dr. Andrews to find another tear when they do surgery on #RG3... An opinion based on experience.

Maybe RGIII can coach us like Lance Harbor did after he got hurt. Would be an upgrade.

Last edited:

Mr.Po

Reaction score
RG3-wheelchair-logo.jpg

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
U know what's interesting.

Had we beat Washington we would have been in a similar situation.

Garrett would have had a tough decision, how could u run romo out there with as babe said is multiple cracked ribs?

Reaction score
It's ok theebs. Kyle Orton is bigger and stronger than romo and we'd be just fine with him. I read it right here on this forum

Reaction score
That would've been a disaster if Orton did beat Seattle . For romo

But Seattle would've cocksmacked us. Their d is just so fast especially on turf. And wilson is like Aaron Rodgers in that he'll always find someone open and we suck at zone and covering up 3rd options

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mort just updated that he as a complete tear of his acl and lcl and is out 6-8 months.

Surgery in the morning.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Surgery is complete for Robert Griffin III, source tells me. Dr. James Andrews found enough damage to the ACL to require it to be repaired.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Once inside knee, Andrews found Griffin's ACL needed "to have work done as well," source says. Doc did work to ACL/LCL during same surgery.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
RG3's dad: 'Robert's ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession'

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...his-profession

It's been difficult to discern from the Redskins what is true and what is, ahem, less than accurate when it comes to Robert Griffin III's injury. We do know he's having surgery, however, so there's that.

We also know, from RG3's dad (RG2, natch), that the Washington quarterback's "ACL is intact" but not strong enough for an NFL quarterback.

"Robert's ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession,'' Griffin II told Jim Corbett of USA Today in a text message. "You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace."

It's logical that quarterbacks require stronger ACL's than say, um, sportswriters. (Although running back and forth from team-provided buffets is no joke.)

Griffin is currently (well, reportedly still anyway) undergoing surgery on his knee. He went under the knife early Wednesday morning and as of 11 p.m. ET was still having surgery.

It was originally believed Griffin had an LCL tear and would undergo surgery to determine if he had a torn ACL as well.

But before he had the surgery, doctors were able to determine that he did have an ACL tear.

Look, the timeline surrounding RG3's injury is very confusing. Very confusing. But the reality is he's torn his ACL (for the second time) and he needs to get it repaired. Doctors are doing what they can to fix him now.

Here's hoping that, regardless of how the Redskins (mis?)handled this whole thing, RG3 comes back as the guy we saw during the majority of his rookie season.

Reaction score
50/50 chance Robert doesn't play next year, according to this guy:

Dr. Richard Lehman, who is with the U.S. Sports Center for Medicine in St. Louis, has served as a team physician for three NHL teams and has worked with professional athletes at all levels. Now that Robert Griffin III’s surgery on his lateral collateral and anterior cruciate ligaments is over, here’s what Lehman says the Redskins quarterback faces:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/what-rg3-faces-in-recovery/article/2518024#.UO2uesUz_1U

Q: If it goes the way we hear, would you say he probably won’t play next year?

A: If I were a betting man, I would bet that they’ll reconstruct his ACL and lateral collateral, because if you leave him a little unstable, that’s like being a little bit pregnant, that doesn’t work. I would say there’s probably a 50-50 or 60-40 chance he doesn’t play next year, just because even though he’ll be pretty good, he won’t be pretty good enough. He’ll have decent stability but his strength won’t be back. He’ll have rotational issues. You’re talking about a guy who you could see immediately when he couldn’t plant his foot or take that first step … His game is made in one step; if that corner comes in, he keeps the ball and goes. His whole career is pushing off one step, two steps, and if he doesn’t have that, he’s like he was [against Seattle], he can’t plant and he can’t throw the ball.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a breakdown of his advanced stats that would explain his passer rating? Skins fans always bring up that bullshit 70% completion rate in order to claim that he's a legit pocket passer. I want to know how much of those throws are just dump downs and stuff bc there's no way this guy is reading defenses and passing like a boss. He seems like another run-first non-RKG QB to me.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can see his splits on ESPN. One thing he did a ton was throw behind the LOS - 21% of his passes fall into that category. Luck was at about 16% and Romo was at 10%.

His passer rating also falls dramatically when they get behind significantly. down by 9-16 points it falls to 82.9, as opposed to Romo whose rating goes way up.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That would've been a disaster if Orton did beat Seattle . For romo

But Seattle would've cocksmacked us. Their d is just so fast especially on turf. And wilson is like Aaron Rodgers in that he'll always find someone open and we suck at zone and covering up 3rd options

jeez, can you only imagine Russell Wilson taking off running with our D being QB'd by a player who suffered 2 concussions?

Top Bottom