junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Obviously, I don't think the team can realistically fill all of the holes on the roster in one offseason.

It is a deep draft for OL and DL although I think we may be surprised at how little the OL is changed. RG might be the only position they seriously attempt to upgrade. A starting OL of Smith-Livings-Costa-?-Parnell wouldn't shock me although it is far from my favorite scenario.

I'm not sure what they do at safety. Immediately after the season, I fully expected them to roll with Sensabaugh, Church and Matt Johnson. With all the talk of the importance of a safety in Kiffin's defense, that might change. I have no doubt that they'll draft a RB.

I think it is realistic that you should be able to get a starter on the OL and DL in 1 and 2 as well as a capable backup to Murray in 3 or 4. I wouldn't be surprised to see them just go with the BPA or gamble on a guy with a lot of upside in either 3 or 4 (wherever they don't take a back).

I think free agency is going to odd around the league this year. With the flat cap, I'm not sure you'll see too many huge deals. It might be a game where, if you are patient, you can get some deals. I think you could do very well find some mid-level free agent vets to fill some holes along the lines of what the Pats have done in years past. I think Spencer may come back if the price is right. If not, I'm not sure they sign a big named free agent and save those cap dollars for future deals for Lee, Smith and Dez.

So, having said all of that....

1) Jonathan Cooper - G - UNC
2) Sylvester Williams or Kawann Short - DT - I'm not sure either will be here, but they're in the area in most rankings
3) Chris Faulk - T - LSU
4) Jawan Jamison - RB - Rutgers
5) A.J. Klein - LB - Iowa State
6) Zach Boren -FB/LB - Ohio State

FA:
Mohamed Massaquoi - WR - He supposedly visited with the Cowboys before he was drafted. He's a bigger guy and Dallas needs someone that can play the outside if Miles or Dez go down. Harris/Beasley/Coale are all probably more slot types. He hasn't done much, but is still young. I think he has struggled with injuries during his career.

Nick Roach - LB - He can step right in at SLB. He's been with the Bears so he can be a locker room guy that helps with the transition to the new defense.

DJ Moore or Kelvin Hayden - CB - Same as above, provides depth.

Glenn Dorsey - DT - He might fare better in a 4-3 defense

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not bad. In fact, one of your best offseason plans. I'd be happy if it turned out like this, especially the draft.

Reaction score
I do remember Massaquoi being someone the Cowboys had expressed interest prior to the draft. Also like the Dorsey signing idea. Pair him up with Marinelli and see if he can bring something out of him.

Love the first two picks going towards the trenches. I think Williams or Short will be there. Not sure which one I'd prefer in that scenario. Both could be very good players.

Also the RB you selected is a good example of the jitterbug type our new RB coach was suggesting as a change of pace in an article I posted yesterday.

If I ever buy a team, I might hire junk to be my GM.

Top Bottom