Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we pick up any QB in FA no matter who it may be then we won't be using the fourth pick on a QB, and that's what I see happening sadly enough

What day does FA start? Or I should say what day do we welcome RGIII to the Cowboys?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bears announced that they won't be resigning Matt Forte.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
After reading a couple articles recently that both state the Jerry is leaning more and more towards a defensive player i fear we will be stuck in the QB limbo hell for at least the next decade or two

I see him making that reactionary pick after watching Denver's D win them the game. He will take a DE/CB with the #4 pick and then use a 2nd or 3rd round pick to try to find the next Romo with what's left of everyone else's sloppy seconds

The good news is we should end up with a difference maker with whatever defensive player they may take at #4

I can also see a few other teams taking a QB early because of our clusterfuck of last season because they don't want the same thing to happen to their team if their starting QB goes down. I think our 2015 season opened up other will make other teams re-evaluate their own back up QB situation

You mean kind of like when we drafted Demarcus Ware but had guys like Vinny T, and Bledsoe at QB?

For those of you that want an impact defensive player instead of a QB keep in mind we passed on Aaron Rodgers in that draft. If we had a do-over I'd take Rodgers instead of Ware.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
reality is we will not have a real good shot at a top QB prospect again anytime soon without trading up and using lots of draft juice.

I want Goff but am willing to take a chance on Wentz or Lynch because the opportunity is here and now

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly
This is our best draft position in 20 years and I don't plan on us having this bad a season and this high of draft pick again for a number of years. Probably not till the season after Romo retires and we are in a mad scramble to find his replacement. Ya know, because Jerruh won't do anything till then cuz Romo can play for another five years and all according to him

So we "shouldn't" be in this
Good of a draft position for awhile. I know, I know, with the rate of Romo's injuries that could be as soon as next season. Which makes taking his replacement NOW even more important

The further away from the horrible season we had the worse I think our draft will get. As time goes by Jerruh will slowly forget the pain of last seasons QB situation and start focusing on how Weez all gonna win da super bowl next year if Weezen just gets us some deeeeefense

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dude. Don't you know when a new article is just click bait? No team has their draft board up right now. At least not a finalized version. We haven't even had the fucking combines yet.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For those of you that want an impact defensive player instead of a QB keep in mind we passed on Aaron Rodgers in that draft. If we had a do-over I'd take Rodgers instead of Ware.

Actually we had two 1st round draft picks that year. We could have had both Ware and Rodgers, instead we ended up with Ware and Spears. We used the #20 overall pick on Spears, Rodgers was taken at #24.

That aside... how much success do you think Rodgers would have had here under Garrett? Be serious now.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Actually we had two 1st round draft picks that year. We could have had both Ware and Rodgers, instead we ended up with Ware and Spears. We used the #20 overall pick on Spears, Rodgers was taken at #24.

That aside... how much success do you think Rodgers would have had here under Garrett? Be serious now.

I definitely see your point there however to be completely honest we will never know. Rodgers proved though that even though you may not seem like a clear cut franchise QB leading up to the draft doesn't mean that doesn't mean you're not. It's likely Rodgers would have still been really good to great in Dallas. I'd still take Rodgers over Ware. Hell I'd take Rodgers over both Ware and Spears.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I definitely see your point there however to be completely honest we will never know. Rodgers proved though that even though you may not seem like a clear cut franchise QB leading up to the draft doesn't mean that doesn't mean you're not. It's likely Rodgers would have still been really good to great in Dallas. I'd still take Rodgers over Ware. Hell I'd take Rodgers over both Ware and Spears.

Well since according to you we will never know, then why even bother to take Rodgers, and then how can you turn around and state he would have been good in Dallas? And once again, the scenario existed when you wouldn't have to take Rodgers over Ware, when you could have had both.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well since according to you we will never know, then why even bother to take Rodgers, and then how can you turn around and state he would have been good in Dallas? And once again, the scenario existed when you wouldn't have to take Rodgers over Ware, when you could have had both.

If that draft were held again Rodgers is likely the first player off the board. I don't see how that's even debatable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If that draft were held again Rodgers is likely the first player off the board. I don't see how that's even debatable.

Yeah that's IF someone had a fucking crystal ball. Woulda coulda shoulda - if the dog hadn't stopped to shit he coulda caught that rabbit. Hindsight is always 20-20.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not really shocking news but Myles Jack was told by his doctors not to run at the combine. No way would I pick this guy with a top 4 pick.

Top Bottom