ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think his bust potential is pretty low. He's very smart and his athletic ability is through the roof.
Rod Hill had great athletic ability... :awkward

But I'm sure he'll be fine. I do think he'll start at corner, though, unless we draft someone else who turns out to be excellent. Jerry said a big reason we took him was how thin we are at CB.

Reaction score
Carr could be cut, Claiborne may not return from injury, Scandrick has contract issues... We need him at CB first. If those problems work themselves out, then we can consider a move to FS.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Carr could be cut, Claiborne may not return from injury, Scandrick has contract issues... We need him at CB first. If those problems work themselves out, then we can consider a move to FS.

Claiborne is a non issue at this moment. Car will be cut. Scandrick... will fall in line, especially after he starts getting fined. His contract will not be redone. And I think that they will draft another CB and/or pick one up after the June 1st cuts.

Reaction score
My big issue is that the scouting department over the last 8-9 years have had exceptional failure in predicting NFL level contributions for DBs particularly with the CB/S type players who have so much "tween" that their talent amounts to nothing that Dallas can do anything with. Wayyyy more fails than successes with DBs especially when some of them didn't even make it to the first regular season game.

DB fails of note since 2007:

Courtney Brown, DeAngelo Smith, AOA, Stephen Hodge (more like LB and DB), Jamar Wall, Mike Mickens, Mike Hamlin, Josh Thomas, Matt Johnson (somehow still on the team!), bw Webb, Ahmad Dixon, Terrance Mitchell...

Scandrick, Claiborne (kind of), JJ Wilcox, Alan Ball and Michael Jenkins were the sole playable results of the drafting with only Scandrick being truly a player to be proud of since 2007.

And somehow the seemingly lesser talented players who are not even drafted end up making the team like Church, Patmon, and Heath. So whoever is scouting and organizing the DRAFT ranking of talent at DB that is leading to so many draft fails needs to be removed because it is not working and truly leading to a lot of doubt about the current pick in Byron Jones.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Says Coleman, Ajayi, Yeldon, maybe Duke Johnson, Allen are the backs we're interested in. Not so much Abdullah or David Johnson.

Hunter, Harrellson, Clark are the DEs we'd look at.

We'd look at Petty in the 4th but don't think he'll make it that far.

Good. Very unimpressed with Abdullah and David Johnson probably has a better shot if he moves to WR.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My big issue is that the scouting department over the last 8-9 years have had exceptional failure in predicting NFL level contributions for DBs particularly with the CB/S type players who have so much "tween" that their talent amounts to nothing that Dallas can do anything with. Wayyyy more fails than successes with DBs especially when some of them didn't even make it to the first regular season game.

DB fails of note since 2007:

Courtney Brown, DeAngelo Smith, AOA, Stephen Hodge (more like LB and DB), Jamar Wall, Mike Mickens, Mike Hamlin, Josh Thomas, Matt Johnson (somehow still on the team!), bw Webb, Ahmad Dixon, Terrance Mitchell...

Scandrick, Claiborne (kind of), JJ Wilcox, Alan Ball and Michael Jenkins were the sole playable results of the drafting with only Scandrick being truly a player to be proud of since 2007.

And somehow the seemingly lesser talented players who are not even drafted end up making the team like Church, Patmon, and Heath. So whoever is scouting and organizing the DRAFT ranking of talent at DB that is leading to so many draft fails needs to be removed because it is not working and truly leading to a lot of doubt about the current pick in Byron Jones.

Not anymore. Cut this past offseason.

Reaction score
@PatDoneyNBC5: Cowboys 1st round pick Byron Jones with a pretty sweet INT in the afternoon session...

Top Bottom