Reaction score
Back when the Cowboys cut Andre Gurode, I was absolutely convinced that the Cowboys would find a way to replace Gurode with a player of equal or better ability. Even though Jerry and the front office publicly said that they felt comfortable relying on Costa and other marginal-at-best OL, I believed it was all a smoke-screen, that the team really understood the importance of a quality OL and the importance of protecting Romo.

And I was absolutely wrong. In fact, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Before the most recent draft, I assumed that there was an 80 or 90 percent chance that the team would draft an RB. If someone had asked "Which is more likely - that the Cowboys draft no RB or that the Cowboys draft two RBs?" - I'd have thought for sure that two RBs would have been more likely.

I truly hope the Cowboys pick up a proven veteran RB ... someone in addition to McFadden. The running game is so central to the Cowboys' success, it seems to me foolish and irresponsible to gamble that the current group of RBs will be good enough. This team is positioned for a championship run. The team owes it to itself to make sure that they have enough quality at the RB position to keep the running game hitting on all cylinders.

I couldn't agree more with jnday's premise that the team should/must add another RB to the mix, and I want to believe that jnday is right - that Jerry and company have a plan in place to add another quality RB.

But when I think back to what happened after Gurode's release ... and how a few weeks ago the team somehow managed to avoid drafting an RB in a draft that was rich in RBs ... I'm trying not to get my hopes up that the team will handle the RB position responsibly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Quote from Romo on one of the radio shows today:

They asked him about being concerned with the running back position and he said they will use a number of different backs in practice but hes confident they will find the right man for the job in the end.

Right man= Mr Peterson

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:giggle

I don't think he's really a 15+ carry type of player. I think as kind of an unknown quantity he would rip through the lines when given sporadic work. If he were given more constant carries, his weaknesses would show up a little more on game tape. He's not really a talented or gifted runner, but he puts everything into the chances he gets. I think Barry Church even chuckles at Randle's 40 time.

With Murray's injury history, did you think at this time last year that he was a 15+ carry type player?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That long TD run by Randle against the Redskins... Murray would have been caught from behind.

Reaction score
With Murray's injury history, did you think at this time last year that he was a 15+ carry type player?

Yes. I thought he was underused even when healthy. They were not giving him the ball when he was getting 3.6 ypc. Parcells won a Super Bowl with O.J Anderson saying that his average over his last few games of 3.4 ypc were enough to afford each series a first down.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Quote from Romo on one of the radio shows today:

Right man= Mr Peterson

Not going to happen. The front office is fine with what we have currently. I asked my friend that works at VR if the tune has changed, and it hasn't. AP isn't happening.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Not going to happen. The front office is fine with what we have currently. I asked my friend that works at VR if the tune has changed, and it hasn't. AP isn't happening.

I just talked to my friend who lives in Arizona and he said he is 90% sure you should STFU.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

What's your mans name at VR?

My source says your guy might be a fraud.

Top Bottom